Yugoslav 9mm question

StrangeRanger

19 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

The barrel came with the gun and it was a very, very long way from ready to drop in.  The chamber is very tight and will not accept all brands of factory ammo. The lugs that are supposed to set headspace and lock it into the receiver had to be welded up front and rear and re-machined.  It had an extended muzzle which was threaded for a suppressor but was too large in diameter to fit through the hole in the end of the muzzle cap and the shoulder for the muzzle cap was in the wrong place.  I have no idea who made the barrel which is a good thing because I might have given it back to them - as a suppository.

It has been such a mess that I may be back-burnering the 9mm project for a while and concentrating on getting it running 100% in 7.62 Tok with the heavy bolt

All roads lead back to 7.62 Tok. Told you! :)

I also suggest some NATO-spec 9mm for testing.  SAMMI-spec 9mm is a lighter load than the original P08/NATO 9mm.  That spec is a 124gr bullet at ~1200fps from a 4" barrel.  About halfway between US-spec and US +P spec.

FYI, when the Germans converted PPSh41 to 9mm, they did not change the bolt or recoil spring.  Other examples are the Czech VZ24/25/26/27 series of SMG that all use the same bolts and recoil spring.

BTW, Remington 'target' 9mm is particularly wimpy ammo.  The Winchester white box 100rd pack is usually a bit hotter than most US 9mm.