My Colt “NAVY A” is coming together

I made a deal with a fellow board member for a reproduction Colt Navy horizontal fore end and a repop A type barrel. I need to get with a friend so we can install the barrel and then I’ll drill/pin the front sight. After the TCA Show/Shoot it’ll be off to get refinished so it’s all one color….I’m sure the Colt Cult purest group will lose it when I say I’m going to have it refinished in a Du-Lite blue to represent a pre WWII arsenal rework/refinish. The gun has been used/abused in its life as the receiver has usage marks…no point in putting a Colt blue over top of not perfect/smooth metal. 

5E9AFDE6-1192-4B9B-8FD2-B8562D4D1048.jpeg

Edited by Got Uzi

The back story for this Colt NAVY is it is a pre sample gun that came out of Guatemala in 1981.  Its a perfect candidate for this "conversion" as its not a 100% original gun and always will be a shooter grade Colt Thompson.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here is is with the new barrel installed…spent my morning swapping barrels and then working on MP5’s and SD’s. Finished testing the NAVY A and it functions flawlessly and shoots where you point it. 

483FA569-1D68-4AF2-BFD4-F4A6A1B90713.jpeg

C5E3FCB6-E811-4301-9800-26F62F4731DF.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Colt Chopper said:

🙂Now you just need a complete Colt lower! 

Second that....