MP40 reciever sections......

Does any one have an MP40 trunnion with a piece of tube.....I have aquired a saw cut reciever section that is missing the trunnion and about 1.187 to 1.250 of the tube where the trunnion fit....I have spare trunnions and can probably machine a patch.......but just thought I'd check here.....I have spare barrel nut/trunnion sets if someone needs for a Philly Ordnance tube.....and a few other miscellaneous parts if someone needs.

Edited by Mad Machinist

Realized the trunnion on an MP41 kit had what I needed.....made a support fixture for the tube and a mandrel/driver for the trunnion.......heated the braze metal to molten and tapped the trunnion out of the tube remnant.....both pieces 100% undamaged......😀

Edited by Mad Machinist

Got the two together.....and while it will be very usable.....the MP41 tube doesn't quite match the the MP40 in the seam where the flat was rolled......I can make it match but would prefer something I don't have to......so I'm still looking. :D If someone has a front section that would allow me to cut it inder the rear magwell band......would allow a reweld that would be damn hard to spot :D

Rekraps......Not quite that big LOL

Edited by Mad Machinist

• 1 month later...