Lyman rear sight screw question

Good evening everyone. I have a Lyman 55B rear sight that needs the tiny screw that retains the elevation slide lock spring assembly (picture of the location of the missing screw). Does anyone know the dimensions of this small screw, it's thread pitch, where to locate one, etc? Any information or leads on where I could find such a small machine screw would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

20230429_190328.jpg

Thank you very much for the drawing number; I didn't even think to check out nfatoys.com for info on this. I will keep an eye out for a demilled rear sight that is only good for parts, but I fear that may be a hard thing to locate these days. 

TD., That's where I got this elevation slide assembly and lock spring assembly from. I was unable to locate the aforementioned screw available on their website. I have also checked Apex, Keystone Arms, Robert RTG, Sarco, IMA, Northridge International, Waffenmeister's Bunker, eBay, etc. for the part with no success so far. Thanks for the recommendation though! Luckily, this rear sight is going on a display gun so it isn't necessary to have it 100% functional right now, just a visual preference.

By the way, I just got your most recent book and it is great so far. I'm learning something new each time I pick the book up.

The drawing indicates that this screw is 0.073-72-NF-2.  I believe that equates to a #1-72 screw.   I removed that screw from a sight, and checked it on a test template that I have.  It tested as #1-72.  The threaded length is ~1/8 inch.

Hope that helps.  As to where to find one, I have no idea.  But at least you now know what to look for.

Roger

2 hours ago, TSMG28 said:

The drawing indicates that this screw is 0.073-72-NF-2.  I believe that equates to a #1-72 screw.   I removed that screw from a sight, and checked it on a test template that I have.  It tested as #1-72.  The threaded length is ~1/8 inch.

Hope that helps.  As to where to find one, I have no idea.  But at least you now know what to look for.

Roger

Thank you very much! This information is exactly what I was wondering and it will help me very much. I have a small screw that works with a M1918A2 rear sight in holding the windage marks piece and I thought that it would be a perfect fit, but it was just a bit too big for the lyman sight. Now that I know what kind of screw to look for, now I can go see what I can find at McMaster Carr to modify (shorten) to work. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, bob241 said:

Thanks for the link. I will keep this in mind if I cannot find any single or any regular steel screws available for purchase.