Finally got a police case!!

Thanks to Greg Fox I was able to get a beautiful police case made for my chief who is retiring soon she came out great! Went and took the idea to add a 1930s harmonica case as the spare parts tin because why spend $2k on a spare parts tin when a $20 harmonica case works just fine. This is my British lend lease 1928 in the case for show. Thanks again to everyone that helped me. 

IMG_0918.jpeg

Edited by Troy0331
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful, Greg's work is 2nd to none and I'll be the proud owner of another Greg Fox case in the near future.

Greg is making me an Indiana case to compliment the drum carrier I bought from him a few years ago .👍

Edited by rpbcps
Typo, once again!
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:21 AM, Troy0331 said:

Thanks to Greg Fox I was able to get a beautiful police case made for my chief who is retiring soon she came out great! Went and took the idea to add a 1930s harmonica case as the spare parts tin because why spend $2k on a spare parts tin when a $20 harmonica case works just fine. This is my British lend lease 1928 in the case for show. Thanks again to everyone that helped me. 

IMG_0918.jpeg

Way too cool! Is that a reproduction case or an original one?

2 minutes ago, Troy0331 said:

It’s a reproduction originals are very hard to find.

Well, it is just gorgeous. I too had an issue with obtaining a MP40 Transport box (WW2, German). Very elusive and only one or two original examples exist. But.... (and there is always a but..) a gentleman in England decided to make replicas and I managed to get one! Like yours, it's true to the original (I guess in reality it is an original) and I love it. 

Nothing to do with me, just spotted on eBay, vintage harmonica tin for sale...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275856418044

I like that idea, and may have considered this one, but shipping to the UK is hefty.

Stay safe

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_0918.jpeg

I love it. Having a complete rig really makes the gun pop!

IMG_0918.jpeg

Out of curiosity, what are people putting in their spare parts tins? Is there a recommended list of must haves? 

There were more items in the original USMC spare parts kit, as shown in the 1929 AOC Commercial Price list and Catalogue.

USMC Spare arts in 1929 Catalogue.jpg

My Gordon Herigstad spare parts container is shown below and I have added a British Recoil Spring Stripping Tool.

GH Spare Parts Kit '253'.JPG

My spare parts are not original Colt era parts, but parts I bought from Gun Parts Corpration in 2017, to compliment the container; the brush and thong is a GH reproduction, and since taking that photo, I have added a WW2 era firing pin and also a reproduction GH breach cleaning brush.

GH Repro Colt 1921 Spare Parts Box inside .JPG

and just recalled I have copy of the US Army Standard Nomenclature List - A32 1936, which has the spare parts kit listed in that.

US Army Standard Nomenclature List - A32 1936.jpg

Edited by rpbcps
added US Army Standard Nomenclature List A32

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll have some shoppin to do! That's a neat little insert for the tin there.

30 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll have some shoppin to do! That's a neat little insert for the tin there.

The joys of being a Thompson enthusiast🙄

1 hour ago, rpbcps said:

The joys of being a Thompson enthusiast🙄

It's the fun that never ends... It goes on and on my frieeeends. 

I'm a civil war reenactor on the weekends, now that can get hairy!