Russians seize Lend-Lease M1s in Ukraine

Ukraine still has substantial holdings of Lend-Lease Thompson guns. Quite a few were sold off in past decades (my M1928A1 supposedly also stems from there).

Here's a short clip showing Russians in occupied Ukraine uncrating quite a few.

Cheers

HANS

• Like 1

Another source states "over 272,000 boxes with weapons were counted, most of which contain Thompson submachine guns, unused, and endorsed by various reviews of the Ukrainian Army. There are also thousands of Soviet PPSh-41 and PPS-43 SMGs, Maxim machine guns, as well as Degtyarev light machine guns"

Ukrainian light weapons captured in Soledar exceed one million - Prensa Latina (plenglish.com)

I have a feeling that M1/M1A1 came in the last contracts, 44-45. When the Red Army no longer needed submachine guns. Since 95% of the wartime photos depict M1928A1, the situation is the same with the Museum storages. The condition of these TSMGs from the boxes is certainly amazing.

What a shame our politicians have made it impossible for collectors to obtain and maintain historical firearms. Shame, shame, shame.

• Like 3

i HAVE A PIC OF ALL THE DRUMS THERE FROM TEN YEARS AGO I BET they got all the L's and C'S in that same batch. These had been found in a warehouse from a friend of mine doing a gun deal and wanted to know if i would buy all AND my problem for transport out and in to U.S. they will be buried for another 100 years.Till nobody is around to care.

Back in the 2000's, a colleague of mine, UK arms dealer visited the Ukraine and bought 100's of like new 1928A1's. Ian told me there were no drums though, just XX mags and 5 cell mag pouches with web belts, in the transit chests loaded with the 1928A1's.

A lot of those 1928A1's ended up deactivated and sold all over Europe, with  others being cut up and shipped to the USA, as parts kits, he told me.

To brveagle: I figured the video was fake too.

But they're certainly NOT "West Hurleys"....They're "Kahrs"...   

And that's WAYY too nice to be a 70-tear-old Thompson shipping crate.

It's a "Lane" cedar chest. I have the same one in my bedroom.     ...Phil

Edited by anjong-ni

• 2 weeks later...