Thompson SMG Rocker Pivot Plate

I have searched the web for a source. to buy No one has any. I recreate the 1928 lower from 1927 A-1 . Part of the recreation is making the rocker pivot activate a bolt hold open. Now I'm down to my last 2 original pivot plates with a back log of lowers to yet complete. I can modyfy the semi plate by adding the finger and make the little piece from pre-hard 1075 spring steel. I have spring stock coming from McMaster Carr but what I thought was 2,5 feet of 4-inch-wide stock turns out to be 25 ft. Lucky me. 

My request from the board is: does any know of blueprint of the rocker plate? With 25 ft. of material to eat up, why not water jet the pieces? I hope someone can point me to a good print.

Thanks

http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/ Look for drawing number 6147680 and click on the hyperlinked drawing number for a PDF on what I think that you are looking for.

• Like 1

• dalbert changed the title to Thompson SMG Rocker Pivot Plate
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 11:42 AM, rpbcps said:

Excellent source 👍 for TennesseeTaylor95

I have made my first run of pivot plates and have them on gunbroaker and my website. I sent one to Dan and he likes it.  They work and look good.

Choppero,

Congratulations for successfully creating and testing your reproduction Pivot Plates.  Before any are sold, you need to mark them as produced by you.  We all may understand now that these are reproductions, and may even be able to note the differences from original parts, but years down the road, there will be a lot of new, unsuspecting buyers out there that will not know or understand the differences from originals.

Please refer to The American Thompson Association (TATA) Reproduction Thompson Item Standard at the end of the Reproduction pinned post ( Reproduction Thompson Accessories Reference Guide) for guidance in marking your product.

Roger

choppero,

Thank you for marking your newly manufactured pivot plates. Now there is little chance we will see one of your pivot plates being advertised as an original Colt era part offered at an outrageous price. Also, hats off to Roger for reaching out to you. 

I know you're a long way away, but you would really enjoy attending one of the Thompson Show & Shoots. 

2 hours ago, TD. said:

choppero,

Thank you for marking your newly manufactured pivot plates. Now there is little chance we will see one of your pivot plates being advertised as an original Colt era part offered at an outrageous price. Also, hats off to Roger for reaching out to you. 

I know you're a long way away, but you would really enjoy attending one of the Thompson Show & Shoots. 

TD, I am away from my reference material currently. Wouldn’t a Colt pivot plate have a different middle finger configuration than the Choppero production pivot plates?

I think so but this is an area I have not really studied so I do not want to be absolute. I know the early Savage guns have the Colt style pivot plates. There was a slight change in design during World War II. I don't know at what point the change occurred or if it was only between different manufacturers.