MP40 receiver sections

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 11:19 PM, Mad Machinist said:

I have a rear section with the three lugs that lock into the lower......but the finish is much more worn......I could hit it whith a little Belgian blue and match it up a little if need be. If doing a reweld, I'd weld first and then match after all finish work is done. 

Could I get pictures? Also can you respond to me about that receiver on gunboards? lol >.<

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:03 PM, madmax1299 said:

Could I get pictures? Also can you respond to me about that receiver on gunboards? lol >.<

Pardon the tardy reply....I have been swamped in the shop and no time online lately......I have a box of MP40 reciever pieces inbound......Let me get them, should be late next week and if we can figure out how long a piece you need I may have an overlap.....call me at the shop next week and remenid me... :D 478 474-2990

I MAY have a piece that will overlap with your nose so ONLY one weld would be required 

Edited by Mad Machinist

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, signal_4 said:

Oh are you the lucky one that got all those pieces on Strum ? 👍🏻🥇🏆

nope...I was 5 minutes late.....bought a bunch of other stuff from Charlie and beat on him (not really, he's a great guy)  :D till he dug some more stuff up for me......I DID get a bunch of blank tubes from him that I am gonna machine into display  receivers....

On 6/30/2023 at 12:13 PM, Mad Machinist said:

nope...I was 5 minutes late.....bought a bunch of other stuff from Charlie and beat on him (not really, he's a great guy)  :D till he dug some more stuff up for me......I DID get a bunch of blank tubes from him that I am gonna machine into display  receivers....

Darn it !!! There were so many rear half sections I could have matched for a display