Efile approvals are getting shorter

BillinBama

On 3/31/2024 at 8:58 PM, Chief762 said:

I'm still waiting on a suppressor transfer. E-file trust from Silencer Shop. It went pending 1/15/24. I don't understand how you guys get them approved in a week...smh

I’m right there with you 1/12/24 through silencer shop. 

Edited by Wileycoyote

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted 7 transfers for someone on March 24 and they still haven't been approved, but the batch I sent in before these took 9 days.....no reason for the inconsistent times.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for you guys.  I did my first efile for a machinegun about two weeks ago.  Today, i get an email from ATF that says this:

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS

Permit/Control No: 
Your Reference No: 
Submission Date: 05/16/2024
Form ID: ATF Form 4 (5320.4) - Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm

Is this standard?  I deleted the permit/control number and reference number.  

On 3/31/2024 at 8:58 PM, Chief762 said:

I'm still waiting on a suppressor transfer. E-file trust from Silencer Shop. It went pending 1/15/24. I don't understand how you guys get them approved in a week...smh

Trusts take much longer, the entire trust document must be examined for accuracy and legality. I got an approved trust form 4 back last week that took 3 1/2 months. 

I'm at 130 days as of today, hopefully not much longer.

After I received the email, I got the approval the following week via email.  And I found out why there was a two-week delay.  They said because I am a III (third), it causes issues with the program.  Still way better than the eight month to year wait of the past.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I should have known this would come back to bite me.  I did an efile for a customer on 4/18/24, telling him how quickly they were turning around, and so far, nothing.  Two months and its still "submitted in process."  Customer calls or texts me every few days asking about it.  So they aren' t all going smoothly.

9 minutes ago, BillinBama said:

Well, I should have known this would come back to bite me.  I did an efile for a customer on 4/18/24, telling him how quickly they were turning around, and so far, nothing.  Two months and its still "submitted in process."  Customer calls or texts me every few days asking about it.  So they aren' t all going smoothly.

Is it going to a trust?

I am waiting on one efiled to a trust for over two months now.

My latest efile is going on 50 days now, a suppressor  and my customer is texting me every few days asking about it.  It is "submitted in process" so I can't tell him anything else.  Last one before that took 19 days.  No rhyme or reason to how long they are taking. 

• 3 weeks later...

SOT to Individual transfer of C&R MG08 purchased at the most recent RIA auction.  SOT submitted e-file Form 4  mid-morning on June 19 (a federal holiday); approved Form 4 received via e-mail on June 23 (a Sunday) at 6:30am in the morning.