Who can make a semi auto into smg replica?

I bought a khar AO thompson m1 sbr. Have yet to fire it. I’m looking for some who can make this gun as close to a ww2 gun as possible. Howell used to offer a service where they would take your gun and round the edges, put a dummy fire control selector switch, and all the proper markings and US property stamps. By the time i got my gun they were no longer doing this because apparently the guy retired. Anyone on here know who else can do this kind of work? Also looking for the spring kit Howell used to sell, bolt on this thing is a b**ch to pull back!

Welcome to the Forum !

Not sure who can place proper marks on the piece.

Deerslayer  and Choppero on this Forum work on semi- auto Thompsons.

Suggest a search here for info on E Z springs. McMaster Carr sell the right springs, you have to trim to fit.

42 minutes ago, Jogar80 said:

I bought a khar AO thompson m1 sbr. Have yet to fire it. I’m looking for some who can make this gun as close to a ww2 gun as possible. Howell used to offer a service where they would take your gun and round the edges, put a dummy fire control selector switch, and all the proper markings and US property stamps. By the time i got my gun they were no longer doing this because apparently the guy retired. Anyone on here know who else can do this kind of work? Also looking for the spring kit Howell used to sell, bolt on this thing is a b**ch to pull back!

I believe deerslayer can make the appropriate markings/stamps and even add a full/semi selector onto your lower which functions as a bolt hold open.

Springs:

https://howellarms.com/product/reduced-pull-spring-kit-for-semiautomatic-thompson/

Fantastic I buy them for every Thompson I get.

• Like 1

I believe that Dan also has his own version of the "EZ pull" springs that he offers if you wind up having him do the work. I don't know if what he uses are actually Howell Arms springs or something different though. You could always send him an email to see if he could help you out with your project. 

Edited by TennesseeTaylor95

Dan Block fabricated a bolt hold back switch which appears as the selector switch on my Kahr Thompson SBR.  No more third hand! 😀  This completed all the changes made to this project gun to make it appear as a select fire Thompson with only semi-auto capability.  He also detected and solved the internal problem which caused the first firing pin to break off after a year, which was due to incorrect machining of the internal passage for the firing pin.  Spectacular work!

Edited by DARIVS

• 9 months later...

Here is mine.  Dan did the barrel swap, selector install, mag catch mod and magazine repair on modded mags..  I Had a place in Houston Texas do the engraving including WWII inspector, property stamps and receiver auto/semi markings.  Added a USGI stock set. Rounded the receiver edges and got it parkerized.

waiMhI1.thumb.jpg.4e0c4859a81e6cdb6c618979c2986274.jpgV8GAMMu.thumb.jpg.69a0bb58168b53e7f15937dc141f97c2.jpgCLvg98M.thumb.jpg.5f7ab9b14627f6fc16e9b4b34f854c4b.jpg

Edited by RKALSKI

• 4 weeks later...