An Estimated 4000 Pre-Sample Machine Guns to be Re-Classified as Transferable

So basically people need to stop referring to machine guns as “investments” as they are common use household items and not a limited commodity? They sure seem to limited and something you buy and hope for a return (or many people want them to do just that, sounds like a commodity/investment to me) 

I get the playing by different rules, just be nice to have the rule book before the game is played, this entire process has been ass backwards from the start. Fact that it’s been “known” for several months and nothing from ATF backing it up leads to uneasy feelings and a major lack of trust, couple that with people who have no clue about things buying from “reputable dealers/auction houses” such as Morphy’s and being all trusting isn’t a good sign either. 

54 minutes ago, Got Uzi said:

So basically people need to stop referring to machine guns as “investments” as they are common use household items and not a limited commodity? They sure seem to limited and something you buy and hope for a return (or many people want them to do just that, sounds like a commodity/investment to me) 

I get the playing by different rules, just be nice to have the rule book before the game is played, this entire process has been ass backwards from the start. Fact that it’s been “known” for several months and nothing from ATF backing it up leads to uneasy feelings and a major lack of trust, couple that with people who have no clue about things buying from “reputable dealers/auction houses” such as Morphy’s and being all trusting isn’t a good sign either. 

Well, I've always told my customers to buy what you want, enjoy it, and if it appreciates so much the better.  I do admit to them that historically they will make money if they buy and hold long enough, but that is not GUARANTEED!  With one stroke of the pen all of these can be wiped out, rendered worthless (or illegal) and it won't be pretty.  That is the environment we have all operated under forever.  Remember the '68 amnesty?  (Well,  I don't, even though I turned 20 that year), I had no idea it was available, nor did millions of other Americans, many of which could have benefited had they been aware of it.  

So yes, this latest ruling seems to have been released in the dead of night with a priviledged  few in the know, and the rest of us effectively mushrooms. Enjoy it while you can, buyer beware, and Carpe Diem!  

• Like 1

These two rare "fully transferable" machineguns on Gunbroker below must be part of the 4000.  Both were manufactured in and imported from Europe after the GCA of 1968. 

VP70:   https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049670761

Sig 543:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049631069

Some real interesting machineguns should becoming out of the woodwork in the next few months...

Edited by maxfaxdude

Why would anything come out of the woodwork? THESE GUNS ARE ALREADY IN THE SYSTEM JUST A STATUS CHANGE ON A FORM AND REG.THEY ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM.It's not like they said bring in anything you know about for another 30 day Amnesty and register and we make it legal today.

they would be a cool trick... another couple hundred thousand come out. And a year later a ban on all full autos. and they sweep them all up real easy.  right in plain site. 

"Operation Snaggle/post-504-0-84504900-1598461818_thumb.jpgPuss"

On 5/8/2024 at 4:51 PM, Frank Iannamico said:

Like John said look on the far right.

Additionally to have the color codes show up you have to choose FORM 3, if you choose FORM 4 all rows will be white.

Got it to work, have two pre-mays that were able to be placed on a Form 4, already submitted and are in process.  Hopefully I'll get the 2 week or less turnaround like the video mentioned.  I do have one gun that is still showing up as pre-may and it was the one I would of assumed would of been the most likely to be a LEO gun at one point.

11 hours ago, colt21a said:

Why would anything come out of the woodwork? THESE GUNS ARE ALREADY IN THE SYSTEM JUST A STATUS CHANGE ON A FORM AND REG.THEY ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM.It's not like they said bring in anything you know about for another 30 day Amnesty and register and we make it legal today.

they would be a cool trick... another couple hundred thousand come out. And a year later a ban on all full autos. and they sweep them all up real easy.  right in plain site. 

Money my friend...Money.

Nice pic!...by the way!

YES MOOLAH I SAW THAT HK70 FOR $200 G PLUS.I SOLD MY NEW ONE WELL OVER 35 YEARS AGO.came out of a illinois p.d. the guy who ever has it today. can redo and sell it since he only paid me $3,000 at the time.He should do well. now they can take there presample collection AND SELL IT.And buy more inflated price trans models. if that makes any sense.

they have become what they hated in collecting, "GREED GOBLINS " not history collectors and lovers.much has changed over the decades, and not for the better.

over 90% have been kept out of it....  SAD 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t it just be nice to do away with things such as Pre/post samples, the Hughes amendment, the law prohibiting import of barrels, receivers, parts or whole guns Etc and simply say if you want to buy/make an MG, pass the check and register it. And change SOT solely to people who want to build stuff for LE agencies or Military. Or just amend the laws to open up stuff for C&R weapons. 

Edited by signal_4

3 hours ago, signal_4 said:

Wouldn’t it just be nice to do away with things such as Pre/post samples, the Hughes amendment, the law prohibiting import of barrels, receivers, parts or whole guns Etc and simply say if you want to buy/make an MG, pass the check and register it. And change SOT solely to people who want to build stuff for LE agencies or Military. Or just amend the laws to open up stuff for C&R weapons. 

Amen. Right now is the time to push these things. The 68 GCA needs to be challenged, especially 925(d)(3) and the ban on imported title2. There should be no such thing as SBR, SBS, or AOW. Those items need to be removed from the purview of NFA. And 922(o) needs to be struck down. 

I own many transferable fullautos and would gladly see their value slashed in the name of individual liberty and restoration of our Constitutional right.

Edited by SMAS
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Do you guys seriously think that this Congress would revise the National Firearms Act or the GCA in our favor?  If Congress gets anywhere near either of them, we will lose

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, StrangeRanger said:

Do you guys seriously think that this Congress would revise the National Firearms Act or the GCA in our favor?  If Congress gets anywhere near either of them, we will lose

You are so far behind the times. I heard that the SQUAD is in favor of a rapid change to the GCA to allow everyone to own MG's!

1 hour ago, StrangeRanger said:

This needs to happen at the judicial level. Take the gains made from Bruen, McDonald, and Heller and fight these unconstitutional laws.

10 hours ago, Ryo said:

Same here.. Rather take a loss for our freedom. Don't forget silencers. Our of everything they should be first to taken off. 

Texas has an excellent chance of winning that one, and when they do change hopefully will spread 

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted over on UZI Talk...

#52 · 12h ago
Well I have a update !! I tried to transfer a known Pre86 MP5 dealer sample, that was purchased here on the forum for 55k and it was denied , and end the discussion about pre86 pd guns becoming transferable , this was the gun we could add to a form 4 and such . So buyers please be aware .

HAVE 3 FRIENDS IN TOWN THEY CHECKED ALL THE PRESAMPLES. >They had 12 all still pre-samples no change. MP-5 hk 33/ 91, Thompson,Uzi,So its the luck of the draw, and anyone stupid enough to pay $30 $40 $50 g. for something that was $10 or $15 g a few months ago. because of a piece of paper and a new update, are beyond help. they can flip it back when they decide.and they have many times. enjoy. 

1 hour ago, colt21a said:

HAVE 3 FRIENDS IN TOWN THEY CHECKED ALL THE PRESAMPLES. >They had 12 all still pre-samples no change. MP-5 hk 33/ 91, Thompson,Uzi,So its the luck of the draw, and anyone stupid enough to pay $30 $40 $50 g. for something that was $10 or $15 g a few months ago. because of a piece of paper and a new update, are beyond help. they can flip it back when they decide.and they have many times. enjoy. 

Ya, the whole thing kinda sounded odd to me. Especially in this Administration's environment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 12:45 AM, colt21a said:

Can we talk about this.... weapon?