1919a4 .308 To 30-06 Conversion

I want to convert my Ramo 1919A4 to fire 30-06. The gun is currently setup in .308 and will fire .308 in links or cloth belts without a problem. I found a web page that had instructions regarding .308 to 30-06 conversions. The web site stated that I would only have to remove the .308 cartridge spacer and replace the barrel and muzzle booster with a 30-06 barrel and booster. I believe this web site dealt with semi auto only 1919's. Does this information also apply to full auto 1919's?

Thanks

Roger

Roger,

The site you are talking about sounds like the 1919A4 Forum. Even though the site deals mostly with semi guns, there are a number of guys with full autos that can help. Make some inquiries on the site at this home address: www.1919a4.com

It sounds like you have the information to make the changeover to .30-06, but if the gun was built as a .308 only, the .30-06 cartridge stop MAY not be present. With your gun firing F/A, the changover is still relevent. Go to the 1919A4 site and ask the question. As of yesterday, the site was down due to the hurricane in Florida (server is there), but should be back up in a couple of days.

In addition, with the conversion to .30-06, you should be able to change the barrel to 8mm Mauser and then fire that cartridge too. Good Luck