My Little Moment Of Thompson Bliss Today

It's not much, but I modified the mag catch on my 1927 with my dremel, all by myself and with no pics. And it actually works. My wife walked in, took one look at me grinding away, and rolled her eyes. I had the parts page on tommygunner loaded up on the computer next to me so I could order a new one if I f'd it up. Now all I have to do is find some decent wood for it, and send her to PK after I save up some more $$.

It's the little things in life, isn't it?

Congrats and have a great holiday.

I ground off the sharp edge of a filling two years ago when I broke a tooth off. Sharp edge and couldn't get into the Dentist for a day..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

He asked where I had it done. My wife said that I did it looking in a mirror with a Dremel in one hand and a flashlight in the other.

The Dentist smiled and told me I should have gone into Dentistry!!

Amazing what you can do with one of those tools!!!

john

I was planning to modify mine with my Dremmel tool, but I ended up having the gunsmith who re-parkerized my Thompson do it. He did an excellent job on it. I did take the three mags that had been semi-auto modified and modified them back to full auto. Two fit very well, but the third needs a little filing on it. I will get to it eventually. The Dremmel tool is one cool tool. I did use it to polish a knife I laser engraved for my father, and some polishing on my Thompson.

Scott

QUOTE (Grey Crow @ Dec 19 2004, 04:40 PM)
LOL, Yep, I dermeled mine too, it looked terrible, but worked.
When PK did other work to the gun he corrected it and made it look like it is supposed to as well as function.

Yep, mine looks pretty bad too, but it works and it works well. I took it outside with a loaded mag and cycled the bolt a few times to make sure everything was going to work smoothly. When the time comes I'll probably get PK to fix it along with my other mods.