Form 1 Sbr Question

One the Form 1 there is a question 4 i, "State Why You Intend To Make Firearm".

What answer is acceptable ? I have a feeling that "because I wanna SBR" isn't enough. Any advice from you fellas who've gone down the SBR path is appreciated.

" Collection, Investment and any lawful purpose " is what I normally put down on all form 4's and 1's. It is a good reason for both the form 4 transfers and form 1 making forms. I nor my customers have never had one denied for this reason. Actually the only one I had denied was a suppressor transfer to Vermont. Vt doesn't allow suppressors even for class 2 manufacturers. . .

Hope that helps.

Frank

NFA branch really isn't too concerned with what you put down for your reason as long as the reason doesn't conflict with law. In the past I've put "collection and investment," "all legal purposes," and most recently, "to fulfill my inner child" on a Form 1 for an SBS. Just don't put "so I can sneak it to the top of a bell tower and shoot old ladies, handicapped children, and puppies."

Frank, speaking of suppressors, give me a call. I have a Idea you might want to try for the tommy's. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...