Western Thompson Shoot

Western Thompson Shoot on April 16-17 in Kingman, AZ. Just checking to see who's going. Again this year we will have the St.Valentine Massacre contest. Kinda short on volunteers so speak up now. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif And besides the other contests Don Hall manages, the walk though Gangster Alley will be more challanging this time. On Saturday we will try to make time for some recreational shooting , wringing out problems and testing those tommys. Sunday will be full of competition. So if your going this year, sign in here so I know who you are. I have a couple of jobs for anybody willing to assist. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I will be there. Hope it's warmer than last year. Course anything is better than the current NW PA weather. If I can bring them as "checked baggage" I will bring some"volunteers" for the shoot..........Brian

Travel plans are made and motel room reserved.

Some how it just would not seem complete to go to a match or shoot and not be put to work.

I'm just doing it because I'll copy the course design sometime. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Edited by Wayne W

Hi All,

We are going again and Robbo, put the C drum away for gangster alley and use XX and XXX mags a shoot like a man instead of a maniac! Anyone know if Michael Free is attending this year as he added some color to the Chloride shoot...

Anyone wishing to attend the Western Shoot in Kingman AZ on April 16-17 please call Don Hall 928-565-4575. He will get you on the list and give info about the events. Blishblock if you see this send me a note so I know you got it. Thanks, ROBBO

This year the 'Don' wanted to have us 'dress up' in gangster garb or military if you have an M1. I'm still looking for suspenders to complete my wardrobe. I hope the rest of youse guys will be properly attired.

'Wardrobe Alert' The 'Don' tells me that Moe and Joyce will be attired as 'Bonnie and Clyde'. I have claimed title to Jonny Dillinger as he is a relative and fellow Hoosier. A few other guys and dolls will be there as well. So dont you come underdressed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I want to thank Robbo and Don for their effort every year at the TCA's Western Shoot and Show! It is a shame that on this TSMG message board that every April it is bombarded with the creek this the creek that and most of you thompson sophistos end up going to the eastern shoot every year and not the AZ show. I find that amazing, sort of the War Admiral and Seabiscut east vs west horse, the blue blood vs the guttersnipe analogy. Perhaps you guys can find it in you to visit the western shoot some year and head up to the creek in the fall as a number of you find the time to make it to AZ for the SAR show or the shot show in Las Vegas. Why not one year head out to Kingman and see how the west does it instead of being treated like a child at the range in OH by the malevolent host. Almost every year Doug Richardson and Gordon H attend and one year even Mike Free made it from PA and I know some of you guys know him as he has an impressive TSMG collection. Just some food for thought and perhaps one year some of you guys will take the trip out west away from the rain and mud in to shooting fun in the sun out west...

• 2 weeks later...