Western Thompson Shoot Report

The weather was perfect and the temperature was wonderful for the 10th Annual Western Thompson Show and Shoot. On Saturdays Thompson Showday we had a good turn out and great displays by Mike Young, Don Hall and others. A contest for best dressed gangster and gal was won by Gordon Herigstag and Joyce Moore. Long distant travel trophy went to George Rich of Baltimore Md. I hope to post pics later. Saturday nite we all went to a local mex restaurant and had great food. Sunday at the range we shot competitions untill just after noon. Range officer for the target competition on range 1 was Seth Nadel. First place winner was Robin Lancaster, second place Dave White, and third Wayne Woodcock from Orygun. The Rattle Battle Bottle contest winner is Dave Terry. On range 2 the Ganster Alley contest won by Wayne Woodcock with an amazing time of 71.21 . You guys who shoot with Wayne up in Albany OR watch out. The last contest was the St.Valentine's Shoot and a lot of bowling pins got massacred. Team 2 composed of Dave Terry, Don Hall, Bill Weiss, Robin Lancaster, and Dave White had the winning time of 15.24 seconds. Team 1 members were Gordon Herigstag, Jim Davenport, Betty DelVillar, Bob Gollberg, Mike Young, time of 29.02 . Team 3 members, Lee Amorosa, Moe Moore, Seth Nadel, George Rich, Mike DelVillar, time of 15.62 . Team 4 members, Jim Gollberg, John Cooper, Joyce Moore, Dick Gregarian, Wayne Woodcock, time of 23.86 . After the awards were given out the ranges were open for other shooting. I saw an mp-28 and m2 carbine along with some newer stuff like m-16s and uzi's. Always lots of fun at the western event. Hopefully soon we will have a movie DVD availible so anybody interested drop me a line at robbo@infowest.com . I know a couple of the board members here like Dave T. , Jim G. , Wayne W. , were at the event but anybody else I missed let me know who you are. I will soon try to have a link up with pics of the weekends activities. Hope everyone made it home safe.

Hi robbo,

From those of us who can read - Thanks for the update. One of these days I am going to attend the Western Show & Shoot. It sounds like a lot of fun. It appears a lot of effort went into making it a success.

QUOTE (TD. @ Apr 20 2005, 06:17 AM)
Hi robbo,
From those of us who can read - Thanks for the update. One of these days I am going to attend the Western Show & Shoot. It sounds like a lot of fun. It appears a lot of effort went into making it a success. 

Oh I'm sorry I forgot all about the reading part..... I guess that's why I only buy books with pictures in them.... I just had my wife read the post to me...... now I'm even more excited to the see pictures.....

http://bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Humor_Setup_URL.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Don Hall did a great job putting on the the Show and Shoot. At least for a little while at the end

Shoot on Sunday he had himself a bullhorn and a nice Thompson, maybe he still has them if nobody

came back to claim them.

Robbo,

If I remember correctly your time for the Gangster Alley match was only a few seconds off from mine

so I may have been moving fast but you were hard on my heels.

During the Show on Saturday I picked up copies of D. Richardson's Thompson Technical Vol 1 & 2,

a Pivot Tool and a Spring Tool. If I had thought about it in time I would have bought a copy of his

work on the Box Magazines. From Gordon H. I bought one of his '21 recoil springs and a L drum tie

tack pin that is now on my shooting vest. Don Hall had his drum greaser, so I got two L drums lubed.

If anyone was looking for a C drum there was two of them for sale at the Show. Matching numbers and

only $10K for the pair.

Monday after the Shoot I stopped by Omega and picked up a '28 parts kit and 5 XX magazines. The

magazines do not look like they were ever put in a gun.

Sorry Z3 I don't have any photos to show.

1930s Rust , Sorry we didn't get to meet maybe some other time.

"Sorry Z3 I don't have any photos to show."

And a great darkness fell over the the land.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Dang that does it! I'm showin up at the next one... My Thompson may be fake, but I own a nice camera at least..... And it sounds way fun....

Z3,

To help hold you over till the next TCA Western Shoot bring your camera up to Albany, OR next

weekend for the ARPC Spring Full Auto Shoot & Matches. There should be a couple of Thompsons

you can take pictures of along with a few other firearms from .22 to 20mm.

Blantant plug to follow,

Albany(ORYGUN) Rifle & Pistol Club Spring Full Auto Shoot & Matches May 14 & 15, 2005

Subgun Matches on the North Range

Assault Rifle Matches and Fun Shooting on the Main Range

www.arpc.info

Z3,

You do not have to be a member to bring guns. As soon as I can find it I'll send you the phone number

to call about getting a table.

If you get the chance come over to the North Range either or both mornings and shoot or watch the

Subgun Match. This is where I'll be working so stop by and say Hello.