M/r 1918a2 On Sturm

Over on the Sturm board..Marlin/Rockwell 1918a2 offered for the tighty sum of...$31,500.00....these things are going up faster than....gasoline!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Hi 21 smoker,

The M-R 1918A2 has been posted for sale before @ $33K. Now it is @ $31.5K.

What is fair market value on a real 1918A2 these days with Winchester and Colt 1918s advertised @ $30K-$35K?

It is truly amazing how many B.A.R.s are going up for sale this summer.

Thanks in Advance,

Johnny

Hey Johnny.45,..I wonder how many M/Rs were converted to the a2 configuration at the armoury level or at the civilian bench....seeing how these M/Rs started life as WWI 1918s....makes you wonder how legit the pedigry of this one is.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Uncle Sam saw any weapon as a resource to be used. If it was upgraded, so be it and so what if it doesn't match! How many M1911A1s have you seen with a Colt frame and a Remington - Rand slide? I have a Remington - UMC M1911 that was rebuilt to M1911A1 standard. For an early weapon to survive to this day in it's original configuration it would have had to have been issued to a unit that never left the Zone of the Interior (CONUS). In some cases, when a National guard unit was "federalised" all equipment and weapons were left behind and new gear was issued upon reaching it's destination.

BTW, I saw a WRA M1918 for sale a few months back for $35,000.