Wanna Puke? Look At This Guy

Check this one out on gunbroker. This guy is selling deactivated Thompson 28's from the Ukraine and he will "cut up the reciever for US shipping!" not only is this guy butchering these beautiful guns just to make a few quick US bucks but he is putting the unsuspecting buyer at risk of...well we all know the story dont we. This is just about as depressing as the piles of rusted Thompsons that we have all seen. The thing that kills me is we can't do anything about it and it is happening now. Do you think this guy realizes what he is doing? Check it out.

Gunbroker Auction

I am going to point this out to the folks at gunbroker and see if they will pull his account or at least his auction. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Damon

Sure is...a crying shame and a vacation in the pokey all wrapped up in one auction. Is our money really that desireable that someone in another country would want it so bad as to purposely destroy such a nice gun? I guess so. He even mentions what a piece of history it is. Unless something other "forces" are working here.

Damon

QUOTE (hardrede @ Sep 17 2005, 11:18 AM)
Just look at what they are doing to the LAWFUL CITIZENS OF NEW ORLEANS AND THEIR PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

...and what is that? I haven't heard or read anything until your post.

Really. I'm not arguing with you, just haven't heard anything!

I think what he means is that there was a announcement that even lawfull citizens were not allowed back to there homes WITH WEAPONS!!!!!!!!! including lawfull guns. However I maybe mistaken. Theres our goverment protecting us from the evil guns............. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif adlake

"of course the officers kept the gun and the knife" God forbid leaving a gun behind in the hands of a semi-free citizen..... God Bless the Kalifornia Highway Patrol for all the help they provided..... I feel much safer now knowing they are on call for national emergencies....

Hmmm... Wonder who dropped a dime on this person?

Ya know every day I become a bigger fan of New Hampshire's state motto.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

At the risk of killing a good tangent discussion, let me put this back on the original topic.

".....This guy is selling deactivated Thompson 28's from the Ukraine and he will "cut up the reciever for US shipping!" not only is this guy butchering these beautiful guns just to make a few quick US bucks ..."

I think there is quite another angle to this comment. I take for granted first that everybody is here smart enough to not tangle with the import issues present in the ad, but on the quoted statement above I think everybody needs to be a little more realistic about this.

Two points I would make are quite simply this. One, for all intents and purposes what difference is there between what this guy is advertising doing, and what say, IMA is doing......it's only a matter of scale, period, "butchering these beautiful guns" is EXACTLY what IMA and the other involved parties have been doing recently that have been providing us with the highly valued source of pristine, unissued, parts-kits that enable us to either maintain our privately owned examples of live guns in the years to come, or build into live-again examples as Post-86DS guns.

Secondly, let's be honest. These guns, ALL OF THEM, were here-to-fore, lost to history so far as any us are concerned here in the USA, just as surely as the ones resting and rusting in the torpeded hulks of countless Liberty ships littering the floor of the North Atlantic. By de-MILing them and reimporting them now, we have again gained access to a huge treasure-trove of valuable original parts again. How is this a "criminal act" against historical treasures??? Are you any more concerned that they would have been preserved, than say, the ones rusting in Davy Jones locker? Historical "value" is a matter of perspective, and for that I say we ought to ve very, very, grateful that they were so diligantly preserved all these years in the state and condition they were.

Having them cut for reimport is nothing in comparison to what this country did, and still agressively DOES, to military equipment it has deemed no longer of value. If you are concerned that pristine, original, and unissued TSMG's are being destroyed......you need only consider the unimaginable amount of such items destroyed by your own country. The fact that these items come "From Russia with Love", is a huge testament to the value they put on them for the last 60+ years....and we should be glad they are coming to us in any form or fashion AT ALL. Some day soon, all parts-kits will become unavailable.

A guy I sign Form 4's for asked me the other day if we would go around collecting MG's in such a scenario. I told him we don't keep copies of Form 4's, so I wouldn't know where to look http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif I would never do that nor would I order my people to do that. That footage was disgusting. What a fustercluk that whole New Orleans thing is. I fear for this country.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Hnsthart @ Sep 29 2005, 10:10 AM)
Someone finally bought that TSMG from Ukraine. By his moniker it looks like it could be an American. The thing isn't going to be properly demilled for import into this country.

Hnsthart,

Where did you see that someone bought TSMG? The Gunbroker link above shows that the auction has ended with no bidders. Is there another auction?