Ok, Let's Do It Again

If there is anybody here in Indy or close by in Ohio that would like to spend the day buring up ammo and killing Barney's and pumpkins, let me know. I am planning on the 23rd of October at the same farm as before. Weather permitting. If your interested, email me direct, or post it here. Hope to have a good turn out like last time. Hope to see you there. And it is open to any gun, semi or F/A. It don't have to be a Tommy either. Feed what you bring. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Looking into it Mike.

What else do you need to have us bring?

What time?

Please email me a map!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike for setting up the shoot ... first time every had to ask which '28 should I shoot next http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif.

The "ultra slow" Colt '21 was the best part (any Colt '21 is always a high point) - too bad once setup correctly will most likely again be faster than the MP41. As a side note, the Colt '21 was running very slow with '28 parts in it - while most likely not correct - did make plinking easy. If anyone at the shoot has video of the Colt '21 with the '28 parts shooting - would be interested in what the rate of fire actually was.

The one down side of the shoot (besides wet dirty guns) is again thinking a '28A1 to go with the M1 and/or instead of is a good idea .....

Will see if have any photos worth posting* after my fingers loosen up (loading a case of ammo for the MP41 makes the fingers move slower the next day, at may age - but was worth it).

* If anyone from the shoot needs a spot to host photos - let me know, the Indiana State Sub-Machnegun Champinship web site just a few more GB of storage space. Any can always fit a few TSMG videos into JT's Back Room

Edited by JTinIN

JTinIN,

It was great meeting you and shooting your MP41. Never knew they were that slow. Thanks for bringing it and being so generous by letting us shoot it. I tried helping with the loading of the mags but without the loader it was very slow going. I'll check my videos and let you know. Just got done cleaning my guns.

Doing a mag dump in the unaltered '21 was a treat , thanks Larry !! Never did find someone with a tape measure to measure your case. We were just too busy shooting I think.

Thanks Mike for putting it together and to everyone else that was there. I had a great time again will look forward the the summer shoot Mike talked about.......sounds like you have something up your sleeve for that one.

Chuck

I'm glad everybody had a good time. It was cold, rainy and nasty looking outside, but we sure shot the hell out of those pumpkins! It was raining some so I didn't get the video out, hell, I didn't even take a picture Sunday. Glad Chuck did. We are going to put one together in the late spring next year. I will post more details late when it come together for us. We'll have some belt feds there then I hope, along with a bunch more toys. Thanks again everyone that showed up. Maybe next time, I won't have to move 40 yards of dirt before the shoot! But man those BobCats are fun!

Ok, let's see if this works. These are First Sergeants photos of the shoot last Sunday. Chuck, I hope this works. Oh, and the first Thompson is Colt #2000. And yes we shot it a lot. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Fall Shoot out

QUOTE (First Sergeant @ Oct 27 2005, 08:22 AM)
Mike:  it worked  !! 

John, I have some video of the shoot .  Email sent.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for the footage, Mike for having me over to the shoot, Frank for bring the MP41 and every one for nice day.

Following link is to First Sargent's Videos (all editing mistakes are mine).

Video of Shoot With Colt 21 L Drum and MP41 - Best to righ click and save to your local PC as is a 13 Meg file

Video of Shoot With TSMGs including 22 LR - Best to righ click and save to your local PC as is a 19 Meg file

Folder Containing Video - Check Back for Future Addtions

Edited by JTinIN

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Oct 30 2005, 08:50 AM)
Interesting to watch the nice, slow, controllable rate of the MP-41. You can actually see the bolt head moving in the ejection port. Must be about 400 RPM

Web specs are 500 rpm - but this is an upper limit with this sample (need to get it on a timer one of these days or shoot a few bursts and count in the video).

Enjoy shooting the MP41 (in part since new kid in the collection) more than anything with out a belt* (include friends Bren/BAR/DP28 here*) ... except possible the Colt 21 with the '28 kit last weekend.

Have to get you to come over the Richmond some weekend end to go shooting - when we know more than six hours in advance (between e-mail, text messages and cell phones the lead time has gotten too short for planning).