M1a1 Parts Kit

Odd, anyone figure if they are adding an extra forarm hanger or did they break it and have it out and just place the forearm under the barrel. Doesn't look too bad for a parts kit otherwise...

BB

Sarco was selling there M1A1's for $400+ The lower with the full trigger componets is probably worth the asking price currently. The fact the forarm hanger is seperate scares me as you don't just pop those out without removing the barrel. UNLESS SOMETHING IS BROKEN If it is spare, thirty dollar bonus. if you can get it for under $200 ya, the wood is typical british fudged, but easly replaced with NOS wood.

However also note the buffer isn't shown nor the pilot rod and if that is the recoil spring it's only about half as long as it should be.

I would like to see other pictures specificly the trigger group from the top tio see if it's all there before bidding. But for a bolt, barrel and lower full of componets it's not a bad price in my opinion at least.

BB

Looks like one of the current kits that IMA is selling for $450. They just received the "new" M1A1 kits in early Sept. No bolt stock is a bonus, looks like it would refinish nicely. The Sarco kits I've seen are the bottom of the (rust) barrel at $495, wood on them is worthless or made in India replacement. Below $400, the kit on Gunbroker looks like a deal.

I emailed the guy and it is indeed an extra forearm hanger. I dont know if I should bid on this or not, any body else want to give me some input. There is another kit on Gunbroker going for over $500 and I think that one isnt as in good of shape as the above referenced one. Is this one really a British Thompson as the seller stated in the auction's description?

MIke

Are the current parts kit missing that much of the receiver...now cut in front of the ejection port? Now do not even get the thompson bullet logo in front of the site...geeze they must think we are magicians with metal to even think about putting one of those old cut ups together, let alone these new ones....I think, 'they' think, way too much....'they' meaning the ATF

Normandy123,

The latest batch of kits that have found thier way to the market, M1A1 and 1928's, are cut this way through the ejection port. The 1928 kits do not include the rear section or a center section, just the sight.

Good question Arthur,

I thought that no US made MG parts could be imported any longer. Latest '28 kits seem like they are almost un-used to my untrained eye, all without the reinforcing bolt in the stock and flat Lyman sight. Does that mean they are early production? Or were they all from the overseas lend-lease program and in storage for the past 50 or so years an therefore missed the US reinforcing bolt upgrade? If the later is true, how'd they get back in the US? Weren't most of the British identifying stamps/marks on the receiver section right behind the ejection port, could be why so much of the receiver is missing.

I'm hoping one of the experts here gets the chance to look at the '28 kits and can tell us if they are in original finish or have been re-blued.