Tracie Tata Shoot 12 August 2006

Someone mentioned getting a block of motel rooms for the annual shoot in Ohio. I received a letter saying there once again is another big event in town on that date.

Last year I could not find a room close enough, so I drove up and back home the same day.

So...is anyone going and did someone reserve a block of rooms?

This sounds up your alley Mike, I'm sure they could get some old folks to stay there ahead of you. I imagine you and Dave would appreciate the double bowled vanity.

The Hanover House Bed and Breakfast is situated in an 1860's English country house on 16-acres, approximately 35 miles east of Columbus, Ohio.

Hotel amenities include a gourmet kitchen with step-down wet bar, family room with fire place, and small library with beveled glass windows. Breakfasts are served in the formal dining room. Throughout the year, special events are held in this establishment, including Murder Mystery Weekends/Evenings and Big Band Era Summer Dances.

This property features five bedrooms with four-poster beds. Three of the rooms have private bathrooms. The master bedroom includes a sitting area, fireplace, bathroom with private steam sauna, soaker whirlpool bathtub, and double-bowled vanities

I just booked a room at the Courtyard in Newark but rooms showing up on Travelocity or Orbitz were Slim Pickens with most places showing up as unavailable.

Tracie might want to consider a more hotel friendly weekend if things are this booked in January for that August weekend.

QUOTE (Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner @ Jan 18 2006, 03:22 PM)
The Hanover House Bed and Breakfast is situated in an 1860's English country house on 16-acres, approximately 35 miles east of Columbus, Ohio.

I want a room to pass out in, not get laid!

Well unless that one calendar girl goes.........

Phil, we can do that ANYwhere we go! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

question, is my signature showing up on everybody else's computer with the [ ] and things showing or is mine acting up? Noticed that today. This morning was ok, then this afternoon, wam.

Mike,

I noticed the "[ ] [ b] " things too but figured you were already practicing the passing out part for this summer.

I agree with Phil and one preferably within staggering distance of the second floor bar (can't recall it's name). I'm even willing to give up the old people smell since I became one this month.

Chuck

We stayed at Courtyard 3 years ago. Very nice, newer hotel. I saw no openings on line but when I called they said they do not offer any rooms to be booked on line that weekend, since it is a "special event (and price! $139) weekend".

But - they do still have a lot open, you just have to call them!

Got my official invitation to the Tata Show and Shoot and the official membership application. This year's lecture Friday is "The Irish Sword" by non-other than the right honorable Murray WIllis.

I've booked a room at the Courtyard and the Cherry Valley Lodge. The lodge looks a great place to take over and turn into another Little Bohemia but its a bit pricey at 169.00 a night.

Anyone else get a place?

QUOTE (Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner @ Jan 24 2006, 05:31 PM)
... official invitation to the Tata Show and Shoot and the official membership application ....

Is they a web to get the Official Membership Application or can someone e-mail me one?

Thanks

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

I receieved an invite to the S and S along with a one pager on the club with a membership form. It just asked for the ususal info, name, addr., tel no., email. and interests (I put anything THompson). It was 30.00. The S and S registration was the same as last year. Total came to 62.00 for the shoot and dinner for two of us. It did say it was open to TATA members and guests.

10.00 to shoot, 21.00 for dinner

Anyone here where this block of rooms is?