Why Did This Drum Sell For So Much?

Okay,

I wasn’t born yesterday, maybe the day before. Why would a ten round, West Hurley Drum, that doesn’t work, sell for $355.00 was it a “real” ten round drum. I e-mailed the seller asking for internal pictures of the drum and I never received the e-mail. What’s so special about this drum that would drive the price to over $300.00????

West Hurley 10 Round Drum on eBay

Once again, as always, thanks for helping a beginner out …..

Randy

aka NotDeaf

QUOTE (NotDeaf @ Jan 30 2006, 03:03 PM)
Okay,
I wasn’t born yesterday, maybe the day before. Why would a ten round, West Hurley Drum, that doesn’t work, sell for $355.00 was it a “real†ten round drum. I e-mailed the seller asking for internal pictures of the drum and I never received the e-mail. What’s so special about this drum that would drive the price to over $300.00????

West Hurley 10 Round Drum on eBay

Once again, as always, thanks for helping a beginner out …..

Randy
aka NotDeaf

You have to read btw the lines on this Auction... It does work but for ebaY to not dump the auction he declares it 10 round non-working... Read his answers to questions...

Questions from other members

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Is this a prop for a movie or a real drum mag? Is it repairable? Thanks DAve

Jan-29-06

A: 100% Real drum it in good condition

Q: Any idea why it's not working? Owen McGrath

Jan-26-06

A: Yes I dont have a gun to put it in

Q: Hi, I am bidding on this. Can you send me interior pictures? If Ebay cans this auction - let me know! Thanks, Mike

Jan-24-06

A: send me your email and I will send you more pictures

added edit... And the price is pretty much full retail price for that drum....

As we all know now I was bidding (very conservatively) on this as well. I thought it was a 10 rounder, but the item said full 100% WWII drum, just has no gun to test it with! Anyway all 10 rounders would definitely say wind 4-6 clicks. Probably was a 39 rounder as mentioned.

I would be a bit leary with this one, but I bet someone got a deal if it is a WWII!

The Thompson it was with may have been of WWII vintage, but the drum is definitely a WH. Of course ebay sellers have to get creative with firearm accessories ads so as not be bounced off, but why the buyer wouldn't pony up another $100 for a WWII 50 round L drum can only be rationalized as part of the ever eroding ebay mystique.

QUOTE (railroader @ Jan 30 2006, 07:47 PM)
So what would be a fair price for a West Hurley 50 round drum. A guy at work has one, and I'm trying to buy it from him.

I'll give 350 bucks for nice Westies any day and twice on Sunday... Jr. was sending me some but never came thru...

As for you Arty, where are you getting your cheap WWII drums?

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jan 30 2006, 08:20 PM)
I'll give 350 bucks for nice Westies any day and twice on Sunday...  Jr. was sending me some but never came thru...

Is Jr the JJ on this board? Never came through?

The following link takes you to a $525 WWII L drum. A $70 bump from my average figure. What should they be getting? A third pattern Colt L drum just sold for $950 with a pre WWII pouch!

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayi...geport%20.45ACP

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jan 30 2006, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jan 30 2006, 08:20 PM)
I'll give 350 bucks for nice Westies any day and twice on Sunday...  Jr. was sending me some but never came thru...

Is Jr the JJ on this board? Never came through?

The following link takes you to a $525 WWII L drum. A $70 bump from my average figure. What should they be getting? A third pattern Colt L drum just sold for $950 with a pre WWII pouch!

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayi...geport%20.45ACP

Bawahahahaha!!!!! Tell you what I'll pay you 25 bucks plus shipping for every one you order for me OK? You'll make 250 bucks profit off 10 of em....http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/hail.gif But don't ask me to do your bail is all..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cop.gif

QUOTE (OldFalGuy @ Jan 31 2006, 01:00 AM)
Am i mistaken or did not that auctio arms drum say it was a bridgeport?

Doesn't matter what it is.... It resides in Europe.... Unless Arty is willing to start importing machine gun parts, it is a moot point and price.....

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jan 31 2006, 01:15 AM)
Doesn't matter what it is....  It resides in Europe....  Unless Arty is willing to start importing machine gun parts, it is a moot point and price.....

That seller has had other drums posted on Auction Arms. Check the location, he is located in New York, not Europe.

QUOTE (gijive @ Jan 31 2006, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jan 31 2006, 01:15 AM)
Doesn't matter what it is....  It resides in Europe....  Unless Arty is willing to start importing machine gun parts, it is a moot point and price.....

That seller has had other drums posted on Auction Arms. Check the location, he is located in New York, not Europe.

Hmmm.... Must of have a NY addy now? Still the same pictures he used way back when.... Don't know how he is doing it now but..... That must be the extra bucks he gets, since they now come out of New York..... Guess I'm just wacky... If I knew how to look at his eamil addy I would know...

BTAIM

Since wer're using this guy....

And he seems to be a good guy to work with to boot...

Negative feedback

Neutral Feedback

Arty I'm going with still MOOT all the way around....

BigD,

I was not aware of your strict guidelines for accepting and rejecting prices for WWII L drums. Now that I understand that a U.S. seller's WWII drum, priced at $525, whom you erroneously believed resided in Europe, and who has 2367 sales, yet with 37 negs, is considered an invalid reference.

I didn't say you had to do business with him. I only offered his ad as a ready public example of a WWII drum price.

But since you would enthusiastically pay $350 for WH drums, when for the price of two of those, you could get any type WWII drum in primo condition, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday, you are correct, this subject matter is moot for you.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jan 31 2006, 01:32 PM)
BigD,

I was not aware of your strict guidelines for accepting and rejecting prices for WWII L drums. Now that I understand that a U.S. seller's WWII drum, priced at $525, whom you erroneously believed resided in Europe, and who has 2367 sales, yet with 37 negs, is considered an invalid reference.

I didn't say you had to do business with him. I only offered his ad as a ready public example of a WWII drum price.

But since you would enthusiastically pay $350 for WH drums, when for the price of two of those, you could get any type WWII drum in primo condition, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday, you are correct, this subject matter is moot for you.

OK Ya got me Arty the internet overflows with 500 buck WWII drums.... I give up.... I still don't believe these are coming from NY but what can I say... Find a real dealer who is at least half way honest and I'll start buying them unused five hundred dollar drums and you get the 25 dollar finders fee....