How Is Your Rear Sight With The Parts Kit?

Received mine last week and finally got around to checking out the parts.

I was happy this was including the Lyman rear sights, but a closer look and it is in poor shape.

How was yours?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jimsimages/Image1.jpg

My Dan's 1928 parts set is all cherry! It looks like it came from an unused Savage marked TSMG that was well stored. Sadly, the receiver was saw-cut at the ejection port for importablility. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

This would have been one sweet gun if it was whole.

QUOTE (docmolar @ Mar 1 2006, 02:47 PM)
My parts were all as NEW. Wish I had bought more before he ran out !

Glad you guys got nice kits. I wish I could say the same. The bore on my barrel is dark and pitted. I had hoped to put the barrel on my 1928ac that has a smooth barrel but thats not going to happen. The rest of the kit isn't as bad. Knurled actuator, bolt & lock look excellent. Frame VG. Frame parts just fair.

I called today about the barrel but Dan is out of town until next week.

Is Dan out of the kits with the Lyman sight? I just received a kit from Sportmansguide that is outstanding but with the "L" sight. I would like to order a kit from Dan just for the Lyman sight which will match my lend/lease Savage 1928.

I'm with Lancer. My kit had a rusty bore, sight assy bent and hammered on, stock beat up, pistol grip dented and a rebuilt lower.

All I asked for was an original condition lower ( black) with nice pistol grip and a knurled actuator, well, struck out there!

Got a nice horizontal grip and a nice bolt...like I need a third testical.

I talked to Dan last week and he said he was running low but has enough to fill my order and took my credit card info like last time.

As of today, there has not been a charge and I called about it (and about the Lyman sight) and was told he is out of the office and there are no kits left and my order will not be filled. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gifI guess a phone call would have been nice to let me know.

I ordered a kit and it was great, so I ordered another one. (Thinking it would be as great or at least close) When I ordered the second kit, Dan told me that he was out of knurled actuators, but every thing else should be the same. Boy was I disappointed when I got the second kit. My bore is gone, the bolt looks like it has been used as a hammer, and the butt stock trap door has a half inch of rust on the inside. (I will stop here)

I did call them to see if I could exchange the barrel, basically they said all the barrels were in the same condition, and I would not be happy with them either. They said that I could keep the kit or send it back for a refund.

It seems like they are now sending out a lesser quality kit for the same price as the nice ones, I am happy that I did get at least one good kit out of the deal. But I feel bad for the people who paid for a nice kit and are getting the crappie ones.

I received my kit Monday,and everything looked very nice,with the exception of some rust pitting on the lower frame just above,and under the pistol grip.It looks as though some moiture had settled there,maybe from the wood. Stock and pistol grip had the usual dents and scuffs.Horizontal grip excellent,and stamped with a "D" for Dittenborn.Most of the grips I have seen have been Savage marked;I don't know how common Dittenborn wood is.

For those of you with bad parts,but not enough to send the kit back,I know Omega Weapons Systems had a lot of very nice individual parts for the '28.

It seems the retailer would take a look at the stuff before shipping it out and assemble the best of it,wholesale the rest to someone for dummy guns?Just my take,but I'm not in his shoes either.

Be well,everyone.

Bruce.

I thought I was the only one with a bad bore in the kit from Dan. Its too bad because the barrel/comp is the nicest one I have seen (on the outside). The bore is completely frosted with pits near the chamber. I also spoke with their office this morning (been calling since Monday), and they said I could talk with Dan after he gets back. From reading the previous posts it does not sound to promising. Does anyone need a barrel for a dummy gun?

Good deal, look me up. Not hard to find, I'm the dude at the "big noise" end. See ya there or be square http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif