M1a1 Manufacture Dates

That is the most common Thompson question asked...

You can get a rough idea by studying the shipping / contract records in American Thunder II, but many individuals, including myself, have spent years looking, and no such documents have ever been found.

Dolf Goldsmith showed me a document like that for Brownings, but he couldn't remember where he got it. Maybe someday...

That is the most common Thompson question asked...

You can get a rough idea by studying the shipping / contract records in American Thunder II, but many individuals, including myself, have spent years looking, and no such documents have ever been found.

Dolf Goldsmith showed me a document like that for Brownings, but he couldn't remember where he got it. Maybe someday...

Frank,

Thanks. I was reading AT II this afternoon trying to figure out approximately what serial number the M1's and M1A1's started at but I guess that is one of those impossible questions also. I have had an M1A1 in the 502,000 range and waiting on the paperwork for one in the 827,000 range. I wanted to find out about what year they were manufactured, both are Savage production. Pretty sure they date prior to Feb 44. :)