My Bm 59

nagord

I am a new member of this board. I have a BM 59 that I purchased 20 years ago from a Gun Dealer in Birmingham, Alabama.

I have never fired this gun and have moved several times since this acquisition. I am considering putting it up for sale and would like to get an idea of

any thoughts on the valuation as well as any questions members may havepost-258217-0-34459000-1349566442_thumb.jpgpost-258217-0-38085500-1349566470_thumb.jpgpost-258217-0-87025300-1349566486_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would say $500-600 . Yours is not technically a BM59 ,since it uses M14 magazines .

Golden State builds do not have the best reputation for quality and are some of the lower priced clones.

I hope this helps.

It is in fact a BM59. Look at the picture. It says BM 59 Santa Fe Arms and was distributed by Golden State Arms.

It does not use M14 magazines..

Edited by nagord

nagord

Check the weapon over carefully. Most were made by welding two demilled M1 Garand receivers together. Barrels were made by sleeving a M1 Garand barrel stub with a two groove Springfield 03 barrel that was turned down. They use a cut down and reformed M1 op rod and a std M1 gas cyl. They are not in the same league as a Beretta made BM 59,69 or 62.

If that is your rifle in the picture above ,then it uses M14 mags,because it has a M14 magazine in it, in your picture.

Your rifle is a M-59 trooper,not a BM59 made by Beretta. I concur with RDS ,in 2 different leagues.

I am not trying to pick a fight,only answer your question honestly as to what you have and a value.

I am sorry it was not what you wanted to hear.

There have been some on gunbroker like yours for the longest ,and they just do not sell well at the same price as a Beretta.

Fact is, few people want a Goldenstate,Federal Ordnance or National Ordnance clone.