Oiler Question

Hi

I live in the UK and have a M1928 TSMG with finned barrell, cutts compensator, layman sights and plain cocking handle and want to know which is the correct oiler for this model the nickel plated type or the brass black crackle painted finished type.

thanks in advance

Dan

I am assuming this TSMG you have is not a Colt produced TSMG. If it is not Colt produced then it would be a black crinkle finish oiler.

I just tried a search as I think there were several variations of those as well but was not successful in finding anything on that point.

If it has a plain handle it is not a Colt - unless the handle is switched.

Note the crinkle finish comes off after time - I have seen some for sale all brass - represented to be early Colt type. Beware!

Hi

Thanks for the reply's

I take it then that the nickle plated oilers only came with the Colt produced guns.

mine is an Auto Ordnance Gun, which is unissued and came out of a crate from Russia were it had been stored since the WWII Lend lease program.

Sadly it has had to be de-activated so it cannot fire to comply with our firearms laws that we have here in the U.K.

Cheers

Dan

DANNY,

Welcome to the Board.

Not to be picky but rather to steer to such that you will be regarded as a Thompson-phile instead of as a poseur, the correct term for the part you are describing is "oil bottle" or "oil can." The "oiler" is the U-shaped part with felt blocks on both sides of the U and the "oiler" fits inside the rear of the receiver of '21 and '28 Thompsons.

Enjoy and sorry for the lecture.

MP