Looking For Clues

Lumpy223

I bought a Reising a while back. When I first got the gun it ran great, full mag dumps were no problem. I replaced the springs as suggested by Paul Hayes. Then the ejector broke on me so I had to send it to Paul for repair. My next trip out, I was experiencing a lot of jams and single shots. I figured I had an ammo problem as I had picked up some Wolf to try (I know....stupid). When I got home and tore the gun down for cleaning I noticed the extractor was broke. After replacing the extractor I took it out and ran 100 rounds through it but was again experiencing a lot of single shots and stoppages.

I came home and started really looking things over as I cleaned it and lubed it up. With the gun out of the stock and while holding the trigger down, when I rack the action bar slowly, the bolt seems to be hanging up on the foreward stroke just as it should be disengaging from the locking lug in the receiver. Just the slightest preassure on the rear of the action bar will allow the bolt to ride foreward and into place.

I have already tweaked the mag well ears to eliminate any possible excessive play in this area. I inspected the top of the bolt for burrs but it looks fine. I am running out of ideas here real fast. Can anybody think of something I might be missing? I cannot understand why the bolt appears to be hanging up on the locking lug. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Greetings fellow Reising owner!

I had the poor cycling issues experience with one of my M50's also. Here is what I did and it seemed to take care of the problem. Mechanical inspection showed the bolt clean of burrs, the auto connector was engaging and disengaging properly, everything appeared fine. I used the operational sequence check out in the Reising manual and Nick's book as guides.

On an off chance I took a polishing bit to the bolt and receiver. The bit is leather like material, fits a Dremel. It's not a wire brush or abrasive. I polished the bolt surface and inside the receiver, special attention around the locking step. Warning: Be very careful working on the receiver, polish - don't remove material. Mess up the receiver and you may wind up with a DEWAT! I also polished the feed ramp area.

For this gun, that did it. It's run like a champ ever since. The other thing is I go light on the lubrication, as they seem to gunk up easily.

Maybe the polishing was wishful thinking or Disney magic but it worked on this gun. It was a real problem and like yours there was nothing obvious to look at.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out

Dremel....I HAVE to get myself a dremel one of these days. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thanks for the ideas!

nfa guy........

Your advice seems to have been spot on. I did some light polishing and it made a huge improvement. I will touch it up just a tad more in the feed ramp area and I should be good to go. Thanks again for the advice.