Al Capone's Son Passes Away

Just thought for what it's worth since his daddy and his troops used these Thompsons to let you all know that Sonny Capone passed away. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif For those of you who didn't know this he was a crack marksmen.He had a gunshop built next to his home and he would test fire ammo for law enforcement.He won gold medals for his shooting abilities.He was offered jobs by leading gun companies,but refused because of his name.

He was a very private man who loved his mom and dad.

After cremation a private ceremony was held in California.He had been living there with family and changed his name to avoid the press.

I have heard he was one helluva nice person.God rest his soul.

Chitowngangster.

Mario,

Were there any write-ups in the paper regarding his death ? What did he change his name to in latter years to avoid the " Capone stigma " ?

Thanks

Randy

Hello Randy,

Actually the press doesn't know and that's just the way he wanted it. He had changed his name to Albert Francis which is in fact his middle name.He apparently changed it again once he moved up to California.Mae, his mother wasn't buried with Al for the same reasons.She wanted to avoid a circus and didn't want the press to come after Sonny.She was cremated and her remains are in Florida.

He avoided the press all his life and finally is away from them even in the end.I admire him for that.No matter how bad times were he never sold his story to anyone.

Mario

Mario,

Sounds like they all had a rough road to hoe for the rest of their lives. Being the son of a famous or infamous person can create a whole set of problems that most of us would not want on our backs. Sounds like Albert Francis can finally get some rest from his unique lineage.........................

Best regards Mario and I really enjoy your website, top notch all the way!!!

Randy

Hey Phil!

Yes, apparently as a young boy in school he was harrassed constantly.The other children tormenting him with " your daddy is a murderer and a gangster".Poor kid would cry and feel real sick inside having to face that everyday.If i were him i would have told them my dad will come to school and kill ya if you don't stop!I guess he wasn't that way.

We don't choose our parents alas.He was a very nice man.I heard that wouldn't hurt a fly.At least he's at peace now.

Mario