Finally Arrived!

Jim Rider

After 8 months of waiting my Reising 50 arrived. NIB Parkerized with the sling in wrapper, cleaning rod, manual and 1 - 12 rd mag. Action seemed to be very slow to work so I dissambled and cleaned and lubed. It looks like the small amount of lube that it was assembled with had completely dried up. When you retract the slide, without a shell in it the slide will go about half way and then stop. When firing it will fire a couple and then smokestack jam. I was wondering if I should replace the springs or try to smoothe the action parts and relube? Any ideas? The walnut stock is beautiful wood!

Jim

Jim

Congratulatons on your new Reising!! Mine too was new in the box Anyway, you didn't describe how the action stops at the halfway point. Does the action return forward quickly and then suddenly stop or is the return slow where the action simply does not have enough energy to fully lock the bolt in battery. Either way --- you may want to remove the action-bar spring and reassembly without it and work the action by hand. If its binding you should be able to determine where its happening. If you find its not binding then get a new return spring. Addtionally, the action should still operate smoothly even without lube so lubrication should not be the problem. Also, a good place where the action-bar could be bind would be in the area of the magazine-well.

Does the action work properly with the stock removed, you could have a stock that's not properly inletted.?

If you take the action out of the stock you should be able to observe all of the parts as they "bind up" while you work the "action Bar".

By the way, welcome to the club, once you get it running properly, you'll love it.

Pete A.

Edited by GUNGUY45

Jim

Congratulatons on your new Reising!! Mine too was new in the box Anyway, you didn't describe how the action stops at the halfway point. Does the action return forward quickly and then suddenly stop or is the return slow where the action simply does not have enough energy to fully lock the bolt in battery. Either way --- you may want to remove the action-bar spring and reassembly without it and work the action by hand. If its binding you should be able to determine where its happening. If you find its not binding then get a new return spring. Addtionally, the action should still operate smoothly even without lube so lubrication should not be the problem. Also, a good place where the action-bar could be bind would be in the area of the magazine-well.

Jim

Jim

Action moves forward slowly and then stops, with a push it will then go ahead and close. I ordered a new spring set yesterday. I appreciate the advice. I had not thought of trying to work the action with the stock off so I will give that a try.

Thanks

Jim

Does the action work properly with the stock removed, you could have a stock that's not properly inletted.?

If you take the action out of the stock you should be able to observe all of the parts as they "bind up" while you work the "action Bar".

By the way, welcome to the club, once you get it running properly, you'll love it.

Pete A.

THANKS GUYS!!!

I removed the stock and installed a new set of springs and a Titanium firing pin. Action worked SLICK!!! Installed the magazine well and ........ back to sticky function. The action bar is too tight against the magazine well so tomorrow I will remove a slight amount of metal from the top of the magazine well and I fully expect to be in the bullet hose business. I appreciate the help!

Jim