Picture Hosting!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

If you guys want to FTP your photos to the server that is fine, not a problem. The FTP/Chat server is back up and ready for use (working out a bug with the chat, stay tuned) and its not the same one as before which was slow and not the easiest thing to use.

You'll have to use a FTP program to transfer the files from your computer to mine.. Right now all user posted image members have their own folder on the server upload their files to. (so before you upload any files make sure it is to YOUR folder.) If you need an FTP program you can download the one I use from the server.

Here is the link.
WS_FTP PROGRAM

When you set it up answer the questions as if you're a student using the program for school work otherwise it won't install because of licensing restrictions... The host name to the server is thompson.gotdns.com

Basically this is a spare computer I have at my house that is doing the work, so be gentle biggrin.gif If you have any questions just ask.

PS. After you upload a file the link to the image would basically look like this.

http://thompson.gotdns.com/NickIannamico/tommygun.jpg

using the correct IMG tags your photo would then appear in your post as planned. (there are no spaces in your folder name)

Any abuse to the server will result in a .45 lead poisoning! if you catch my meaning!

#2 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:07 AM

The server will be off for the next bunch of hours.. I have to move the computer and re-run some cabling... Happy 4th!

#3 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:34 PM

still down Phil, basically with the FTP you just have to have the thompson.gotdns.com as the host name and log in anonymous... i'll have it up later tonight when i get home, then you can upload till your monitor is blue in the face.

#4 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:17 AM

Is this still available?

Neither ftp from the command line or the download of the FTP window worked.

#5 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

Holy $hit, power went out last week and I never turned that machine back on D'OH! wink.gif

#6 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:55 PM

scratch that Jim, I am switching from IIS to something different. probably tomorrow.

#7 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:59 AM

Just wondering about the ftp uploading. Many of you are inquiring...