New Kahr Drums After The Ban Expires.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:09 AM

When will new 50 round L drums be available for sale from Kahr after the AWB expires next Monday?

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:30 PM

I'd say Tuesday. But wait. I wouldn't buy until the price spikes and levels off. See the post below about all this...

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

It is my impression they can be ordered now. Placed on backorder to be shipped after the ban expired. I was told by a dealer he cancelled the order due to the price increase. I don't know the price but was told it was about twice of the law enforcement price that exists now.
I think it will be a very short window before the ban passes after the election . They still will be cheaper that what WH drums are bring now..

#4 Dan99Hawk

Dan99Hawk

• Regular Group
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

This is the answer I got a few weeks ago...

Good Morning!  If the ban expires in Sept. we do plan on selling the 50rd Drums to the general public.  However, we currently are not excepting order.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank You
Kahr Customer Service

#5 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1008 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

"Excepting order". Good God! Let's hope they can build a better drum than they can spell! blink.gif

#6 Hurridale

Hurridale

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

??? So if they are NOT "excepting orders", does that mean that they ARE ACcepting them?

No wonder their drums don't work! I can hear them now: "Isn't '0.050" ' a half inch?"!

#7 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:15 PM

Don't forget you are dealing with the Moonies. When they are not going door to door they are making guns. "American made"

#8 Bob B

Bob B

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:23 PM

O.T., but weren't they the ones whose company song became a favorite of the '70s - "This time we almost made the pieces fit ..."? tongue.gif

#9 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:32 AM

Here is the email I got yesterday from their sales dept....

Bob,

Good Morning! If the ban expires we will be selling the 50rd Drums. The price is going to be $284.00. We currently are not excepting orders. If the ban does expire, we will be able to take orders for them. We do not expect to have them available until October. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

tongue.gif exciting,no?......I please to easy; But, hope for PK's coordinated group buy.........jw

#10 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:33 PM

If their drums work like their guns and their spelling, we are screwed!!! Merle and PK will be busy.