• 5 years later...

While I'm playing with photos again, here's one of the STEN Mk II I bought in 2008.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr169/MLV1/7-22-08035LargeWebview.jpg

I know these things don't sell for much compared to other WW2 subguns and they look awful, but this thing actually shoots pretty good.

Mike V.

Wrong place to attach the front ring. Should be through one of the holes in the barrel nut shroud.

Looks like you have a nice Sten. I notice a reinforced ring for the selector knob. Is this a rare stamped tube WW2 gun? Easy to see if the tube and the bottom part of the receiver appear to be one piece as the steel was fed through a mandrel to make them so. If so you have a very good and rare find as very few of stamped tube Stens were made. Most never saw service and were destroyed in 1943..

Steve.

Edited by SRSch

While I'm playing with photos again, here's one of the STEN Mk II I bought in 2008.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr169/MLV1/7-22-08035LargeWebview.jpg

I know these things don't sell for much compared to other WW2 subguns and they look awful, but this thing actually shoots pretty good.

Mike V.

It is a wrapped body gun but they aren't rare, scarce but not rare. There were hundreds of thousands of them made and many continued in service with some armies right into the 1990s and in some African hot spots until very recently (And some are probably still in use). The one shown has seen service in the British Army past 1944 as it has been modified for the Mk5 cocking handle.

Wrong place to attach the front ring. Should be through one of the holes in the barrel nut shroud.

Looks like you have a nice Sten. I notice a reinforced ring for the selector knob. Is this a rare stamped tube WW2 gun? Easy to see if the tube and the bottom part of the receiver appear to be one piece as the steel was fed through a mandrel to make them so. If so you have a very good and rare find as very few of stamped tube Stens were made. Most never saw service and were destroyed in 1943..

Steve.