Atf Fingerprint Card Question

Hey,

I was just wondering....

What do people who are not employed put in the box labeled "EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS" on the fingerprint cards?

Surely a retired, unemployed or disabled person can file a form 4 or form 1....

Norm :blink:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/mbsennett1/Picture007.jpg

I may be wrong, but isn't that for the person taking the fingerprints?

I've always put my employer and address. It has never been corrected or sent back to me.

Edited by Norm

These same cards have a gazillion uses nationwide - the coding is set for the NFA Branch (WVATF0800). Employment has no purpose in NFA NICS checks.

So would the person applying just put "NONE" in this box?

Edited by Norm

If you were so inclined... could leave it blank, too.

I spoke with BATFE today. They say to leave it blank if the applicant is not employed.

Yep , what you've been told. Know this quite well. Filled it out for years using the Sherriff's office info , ie-who was taking the prints. I came into a time when I knew I would have 3 or 4 transfers in a few months , so I had a bunch done at once . Of course , :nutkick: they kicked back the first one because of this , and I had to retake/redo all of them again :banghead: . When we (Sherriff and me listening on speaker ) called to complain , they wanted to know who was complaining. Sherriff named me, the BATF gal replied with my name and a BUNCH of personal info , then said , " We know him QUITE well , his name comes up all the time." Well , that did NOT give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside , let me tell you. Turned out to be an old high school friend. Of course , I did not find out about this untill the next class reunion a year or two later. Isn't it great to have friends?

Chris