Bm59 Stripper Clip Guides (magazine Chargers)

TopN

Italy did not pack Stripper Clip Guides (Magazine Chargers) in with 7.62mm NATO Ammo. Instead, they where issued to individual troops just like any other rifle accessory (sling, cleaning kit, M3A1 tool, etc.).

New BM59 Guides were preserved in cosmoline & barrier paper. What lucky troops. :blink:

The attached pictures show the differences between the BM59 Stripper Clip Guide and the M14 Stripper Clip Guide. A lighter gauge of sheet metal was used when compared to the M14 Stripper Clip Guide.

I've only seen FAET & unmarked Stripper Clip Guides. Has anybody seen, or have any, with other markings?

I have a few extra FAET, PM me if you want one.

Many thanks to forum member mike baker who sent me the nice pictures on the pretty pink background. :D

TopN

post-56709-1279505875_thumb.jpg

post-56709-1279505969_thumb.jpg

post-56709-1279506306_thumb.jpg

post-56709-1279507017_thumb.jpg

Edited by TopN
  • Upvote 1

FAET = FABBRICA ARSENALE ESERCITO TERNI

FAET = Fabbrica D'Armi Dell 'Esercito Di Terni 67-78, before that it was FAT - Fabbrica D'Armi Di Terni, after FAET it was SMALT = Stabilimento Militare Dell 'Armamento Leggero di Terni from 1979 until 2000. Now has another name. All the same place - Terni Arsenal. FAT, FAET & SMALT all made BM59 accessories - SMALT didn't mark their's (I think). By the time it changed it's name again, BM59's were being scrapped wholesale - so it didn't make anything for the BM59. It is making the new Italian Rifle on CNC equipment.

It only took about 8 e-mails from/to a retired Italian Army guy in Italy for me to get that straight (maybe) - He speaks a bit more English than I do Italian - I don't speak any Italian. ;)

TopN

• 1 year later...

Italy did not pack Stripper Clip Guides (Magazine Chargers) in with 7.62mm NATO Ammo. Instead, they where issued to individual troops just like any other rifle accessory (sling, cleaning kit, M3A1 tool, etc.).

Mostly, we used the thin clip to refill the magazine while on rifle.

Ciao,

W.