Question About Bm69 & Bm62 Rubber Butt Pads

TopN

There seems to be a fair number of BM69 & BM62 rifles owned by members of the board. I haven't seem the following questions come up before.

Are the rubber Butt Pads on BM69's & BM62's the same?

Are the Butt Pads attached in the same manner on both rifles?

As Beretta was very frugal in the assembly of the whole BM59 series of rifles, were the BM69 & BM62 Butt Pads unique to those rifles, or did Beretta possibly use left over commercial Butt Pads, trimmed to fit the BM Butt Stock?

Were BM69 & BM62 Rifle Stocks machined out to hold a cleaning kit, and then plugged, or were they never cut for the "trap" ?

Would BM69 & BM62 owners please post some pics of their Butt Pads.

Steve

There seems to be a fair number of BM69 & BM62 rifles owned by members of the board. I haven't seem the following questions come up before.

Are the rubber Butt Pads on BM69's & BM62's the same?

Are the Butt Pads attached in the same manner on both rifles?

As Beretta was very frugal in the assembly of the whole BM59 series of rifles, were the BM69 & BM62 Butt Pads unique to those rifles, or did Beretta possibly use left over commercial Butt Pads, trimmed to fit the BM Butt Stock?

Were BM69 & BM62 Rifle Stocks machined out to hold a cleaning kit, and then plugged, or were they never cut for the "trap" ?

Would BM69 & BM62 owners please post some pics of their Butt Pads.

Steve

I guess I will jump in here.

1st question from what I have seen is no. The 69's imported by Benet all have had the red rubber pad from what I have seen,but someone correct me if I am wrong. BM62's that I have seen have all had a black rubber buttpad that is often found in some form of detieration.

2nd question Yes,both are attached using the same screws found on a typical BM59 rifle .

3rd I do not know. I would like to know the answer to this one myself .

4th They (BM62's) were never cut out for the cleaning kit. I will try to get some pics up later of the 62 stock I have with the buttpad removed.The only 69 stock I had,I sold,but as best I can recall it was the same.

Hope this helps!

Good questions Steve !

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a number of older Beretta Rifle & Shotgun owners manuals - most have exploded views and/or pictures of the weapon.

If I can get pics of BM69 & BM62 Rubber Butts, maybe I can match them up with similar Butt Plates on a Beretta Commercial Weapon.

Another possibility is checking older Numrich/Gun Parts Corp Catalogs, but I can't find any of mine right now.

Perhaps if someone sent a good picture(s) to Numrich - they might be able to match it to specific Beretta Models.

I just don't think Beretta would spend the time/money to make a unique Rubber Butt for <300 BM69's or <2000 BM62's. Especially in the time before CAD/CAM machines.

The Time Frame for the BM69 production would have been in 1969, is that correct? And the BM62's were cranked out in the early '70's?

If I was Beretta, I would have used what I had in the parts bins - possibly leftovers from discontinued models if I had enough available.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Steve