Ac556 Technical Question

ns4life

The AC 556, as with the M16 equipted with 3 shot burst, does not always fire three shots on the first pull of the trigger. It has to do with the position of a rotor inside of the reciever group. It could fire one, two or three shots dependending on the position of the rotor. Upon pulling the trigger a second time the gun should fire the three shot burst. If it does not and the selector is in the correct position then something is wrong internally. Ruger will fix these guns if you return it to them with a copy of your Form 4 and a description of the problem. I have not personally had to return anything to them but have heard that they are very good in this respect. They will also send you an owners manual for it if you request one.FWIW

My AC556 didn't fire 3 rd. burst when I received it from the PD. I pulled the trigger pack after UNLOADING the gun and placing the selector in the semi position. Always put it in the semi position to do this! On the trigger group, make sure the little fork that fits over the pin connected to the bolt which cycles with the bolt is to the rear, and re-assemble the trigger group back into the rifle. Do not force it in. Damage can occur if you do. Lock the trigger guard in place and try the EMPTY gun function test. Hope this helps.

Rick

Sorry,

On the trigger group, make sure the little fork that fits over the pin connected to the bolt which cycles with the bolt is to the rear, should be the opposite, the fork is on the bolt and pin on the trigger group. My bad.

Rick