W.t.b. Bm59 E (sl) Muzzle Brakes

Cupheag

Greetings all, I am looking for two (2) MUZZLE BRAKES for the Garand style BM59 (I've heard of them referred to as the "E"model or the "SL" model, whichever you prefer). I went down to SARCO in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey and they will not sell them seperately (only with their kits). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The E type flash hider will only work with a M1 gas cylinder. As far as I know they were only imported with the kits. You may try Ed Faust in Ca. he uses several business names, " Old Sacramento Armoury" is one of them. He and Classic Arms imported kits about 10 years ago from Morocco. They were the best E type kits.

RDS, thanks for the reply. I tried both places today without any luck. Also, I haven't gotten the response I would have hoped for on this search. I imagine there are thousands of these "brakes" across the country rusting away in peoples "spare parts drawers". Oh well, I'll just keep plugging!!! All the best, Cupheag

• 2 weeks later...

You are most correct ! I check this out and it is true a 62 is in fact different ,as RDS pointed out .

The holes do line up different . Sorry to misguide you , my heart was in the right place http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/banghead.gif

• 8 months later...