Anyone Know Where To Get Bm59 Blueprints?

Cupheag

Hi Guys, Found this board by accident through a "dogpile" search, great idea, I hope it catches on.

What I'm looking for is a good set of Blueprints for the BM59, in hopes of maybe trying to build a semi auto version from/on an "aftermarket "Garand" receiver (that I really wouldn't consider- "a sin" experimenting on.)

I know that "Sarco" has been advertising these as of late, but in typical "Sarco Fashion" they don't have any, they don't know when/if they will be getting any and I can't get a straight answer from anyone there if they ever had any in the past.

That being said, if anyone has any for sale (I'm very interested) or could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Happy Holidays to all and thanks for looking.

Cupheag:

Another possibility would be to use an existing BM59 receiver and parts as models. Also you might try Bland Firearms in Richmond, VA. Phone number was 804/271-5647. Bland performed this conversion at one time.

Good luck - perhaps you might consider an 80% aftermarket Garand receiver which has not been heat treated. FAC is now advertising these in Shotgun News.

MRJ

• 1 month later...
I've modified a Garand receiver to take M14 mags and used a '59 mag release on a modified M1 trigger housing, '59 bolt lock (modified) and US made un-named front mag latch parts, which were WAY simpler than the original. A Reese Nigerian-pattern stock rounded out the package... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

• 3 years later...

Cupheag

Glad to hear you found the blueprints. Did they come from Sarco? Sarco has parts from the old Golden State Arms M59 project. Bolt hold open latches, Front mag catch parts, Rear mag catches and other parts. The problem is you have to talk to the right people to get a straight answer. You can try to talk to " Machine Gun Dave" he handles the full auto parts. They also have a few complete guns from the M59 project. The one I looked at was a typical M59 welded rec., M1 barrel stub lined with a 2 groove Springfield barrel, modified M1 birch stock, M1 shorten op rod and std M1 gas cyl. Price was I believe was $750.00 or 795.00. It was not something I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they're SARCO prints, not the clearest or best quality in the world but better than nothing. I'm still looking for better prints, someone on another sight suggested using the "Freedom of Information Act" with Anniston Arsenal, I may try that when time permits!!!

Best,

Cupheag