Kreiser Drum Stop?

I did a search on these boards but found nothing, so forgive me if this topic has already been covered. As found http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cg...cgi?read=143946

Parts and Accessories Market Board

WTS:Thompson drum stop, $ 10.00

Posted By: W. Kreiser in Pa. (cache-dtc-af09.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 8/4/05 19:51

WTS: Thompson full auto " Drum Stop " to prevent drum spring from over UN- WINDING and bending spring back onto itself which is what eventually breaks the spring off where it is attached to the hub with a rivet.This bending back and forth is analogous to bending the lid on a soup can until it eventually fatigues and breaks off. The " Drum Stop " is made from tough nylon and will jam in the mouth of the drum after the last round is fired. Simply remove cover, hold rotor with left hand and remove " Stop " from drum and then let rotor slowly unwind the last two turns until it comes to rest. Another benefit is that when the " Stop " comes to rest in the mouth of the drum it prevents the bolt from slammimg home on an empty chamber which certainly does the gun and the bolt, no good.

If you use the 50 round " L " drum you will lose one round as the " Stop " takes up the last round position. However, if you use the " C " drum, you can load 101 rounds in the " C " drum. Yes, you heard me right ! Have done it many times over the years at Knob Creek so you still 100 rounds with the " C ". That means with the " Stop " in position on the larger drum, you will get a full 100 rounds through your Tommy Gun. Amazing !

If you ever break the spring on your Thompson drum you are pretty much out of luck since the spring is encased inside the rotor and taking one apart is no easy matter. Plus you run the risk of destroying the drum. This is especially critical if the drum you are using in the " Grand Daddy " of all drums. The famous Thompson " C " drum. Prevent the destruction of your prized drums by using the " Drum Stop " when shooting full auto. Instructions included. $ 10.00 plus postage

W. Kreiser in Pa.

I have tried it and I will say this.

My experience with TSMG's firing is very limited.

The description Warren provides makes sense and for anyone wanting to protect their investment in original drums it seems like a no brainer.

Warren had the chance to show me how to use the stop at a recent shoot in July.

Placing the stop during the loading of the drums is very simple.

When you are finished with your drum emptying firing, taking the cover off and unwinding the rest of the tension was simple.

I had a positive experience with this and would use it again.

michael