Csb-1 maxim powder

I have came across some csb-1 powder and was told to use hodgdons universal load data . My load books don't cover Csb-1 maxim specifically I was told it is great for 45 acp by the seller but I would like an opinion from someone else . Dying I wouldnt use it but I am still having trouble finding good 45 acp powder .thanks for any knolage.

Why are you having trouble finding powder?

Most places like Cabellas have a full stock of just about everything now.

Generally, most cartridges have one or two powders that seem to produce the best accuracy, like using IMR 4895 for 308 Winchester

But there is plenty of flexibility, especially with handgun powders.

If you buy an 8 lb jug of Alliant Unique and a jug of 2400, that will set you up for just about any non-magnum and magnum handgun cartridges you can think of.

Unique is the classic 9mm powder but it works great in everything else as well.

It is very important to get accurate load data for a powder, stick with published data from a reloading manual.

A lot of guys think that if they use 20% extra powder, the pressure will go up 20%. But that's not true, 20% extra powder could double or triple the pressure.

The reason for that is because the burning of the powder is accelerated by the pressure, so the higher the pressure, the faster the powder burns, which in turn increases the pressure more.

The powder companies pressure test their loads with a special test barrel to be sure the load data is accurate. That covers them legally when a reloader mixes up a bad round and blows his hand off.

Edited by buzz

The Brian Enos forum and several other reloading sites have information on this powder.

Just about any powder that works for 12 gauge trap loads will work pretty well in .45ACP.

The biggest difference is some flake powders don't meter too well, and some powders will burn cleaner than others.

Just follow the data.

Edited by mnshooter
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...