Thompson M1 Sbr Semi Auto Carbine Question

Hello everyone, i live in Canada and i am trying to get the RCMP to allow import of these firearms. Before they can consider this they need information on the firearm, for example tech data, images of it and blue prints showing the design of the bolt and reciever. In short data that shows it is a newly made semi auto only, never made to fire full auto. Can anyone help, answer these questions ? Thank you very much.. Rob

Elvis my Canadian brother, you are out of luck. Kahr/auto-ordnance is the one who owns those original Numrich/Auto-Ordnance semi-auto blueprint/patents and they won't be giving them up anytime soon because they are currently using them for production. I am sorry to have to tell you that. Given the internet complexity now it is

possible that you MIGHT find semi-auto blueprints or partial blueprints just like you can find the TSMG blueprints nowdays.

But even IF you find them and successfully submit them to your Candadian authorities it is likely you could be sued for

patent infringement --especially if they think you are trying to manufacture them there in Canada without their approval or

liscensing.

Here is your best bet: Contact Kahr at TEL: 508-795-3919 and explain your proposal to them and what is needed. You

might be able to convince them to do this if you can show a market for what you propose. They would be stupid not to

be interested if you show there is a potential market in Canada. But it is also possible they already explored this and found

it would be to costly for them. I wish you good luck; and, keep us posted because it would be interesting if they go for it.

Edited by T Hound

T Hound thank you for that info, i will call them. I think i have a better chance of having an audience with the Pope than i have of trying to get the burocracy of the RCMP to allow a concession. I figure since we have semi auto M1 Carbines, semi auto sten guns to name a few, i cannot see why they would not allow a semi auto version of the M1 Thompson. Then again firearm laws up here are not suppose to make sense.

You may try Doug Richardson at , www.thompsonsmg.com , He does have some blueprints and I think he's going to make semi recievers.

Doug is very talented man and if he makes a part it's correct but he can be cantankerous at times as he is not in the best of health. He just got back from Bellize, so I would wait awhile before calling.

Good luck I hope I've helped this time.

Frank

You may try Doug Richardson at , www.thompsonsmg.com , He does have some blueprints and I think he's going to make semi recievers.

Doug is very talented man and if he makes a part it's correct but he can be cantankerous at times as he is not in the best of health. He just got back from Bellize, so I would wait awhile before calling.

Good luck I hope I've helped this time.

Frank

Thank you Frank.

Unfortunately Doug Richardson's eye health is not good. It is true that he makes semi-auto 80% receivers, but he does not

own the patents, so he can't, as far as I know, manufacture the receivers. He would have to have a manufacturer's

liscense for that. But he has back orders going back more than three years including mine, for 80% receivers so I am not

holding out much hope for that to change anytime soon. I am pretty sure though that Recon Bob (A member here) and the

owner of Philadelphia Ordnance ALSO makes 80% semi-auto receivers in addition to his 80% full-auto receivers. But you

would have to ask him for sure.

As far as blueprints go, the blueprints Richardson has are based on his own drawings--which

he is very good at. This still does not mean he has the right to infringe on the Kahr/A-O blueprint right.

He also sells the full-auto blueprints, but truthfully those are available online for free-you just have to search.

However, his FA blueprints are full size so it might be worth getting those.

Also, in regards to talking with Kahr, you might get a better response if you send a personal letter

to the Kahr CEO Justin Moon. Look him up on Wikipedia and it will give his bio and you will understand. Tell HIM your proposal and interest. You may get a better response then just talking with

a lower level employee or officer. It appears that Justin Moon is an actual gun-enthusiast rather than

just a businessman.

Edited by T Hound