Magazine Pouch Conversions

JJX

these are military riggers pouches,, the people whopacked and repair rarachuts , have access to industrial sewing machines, starting in ww2 and to today they would modify all manner of pouches and web gear,, this stuff is almost a sub group for the guys who collect web gear,, quite interesting almost no 2 items alike,, just sayn

Right. WWII vintage 15 rd. pouches modified to take 30 rd. M2 magazines, I'd guess during the Korean war. You'll notice that stamps were applied to the inside of the top flaps after modification. This suggests that the mods were done under official auspices.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is amazing the the pouch idea that many GI's came up with during WW11 of putting it on the butt stock of their M1 carbines was not followed up by  someone who would make one to better fit the buttstock. After buying one and putting it on my buttstock, I found it was a tight fit for the magazines. I bought a 1950 version designed for the 30 round mags, added some elastic an now I can put 4 15 round mags in my modified pouch.

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg