Is This A Lend Lease 1928a1 ?

Hi I live in Canada and I too have a deactivated Thompson 1928A1. I am trying to determine if it is a Lend Lease gun. Here are the markings.

On the left side of receiver:

US Model of 1928A1

No. S - 197173

It has a flaming bomb,

it has the GEG insepector stamp

and the initials RLB

On the right side of receiver:

The usual series of patent marks,

Auto Ordance Corporation

Bridgeport Connecticut, USA

it has a proof mark either a B,P, or D at the start of the finned barrel

On the top of receiver:

it is stamped Tommy Gun

and has the Thompson bullet logo

it has a proof mark that I can't make out near the start of the ribbed barrel, might be crown?

There is no US Property stamps anywhere

It has a nice Cutts Compensator and a nice Lyman sight.

Under the the stock (when removed) is the serial number again No. S - 197173

It has the horozontal forgrip with the sling loops on the bottom of forgrip and stock.

Thanks in advance for your expertise and help.

Cheers Jason (Proud deactivated 1928A1 papa)

viking-raid: I have a similar 1928A1 marked "Tommy Gun" with a British broad arrow mark on the right side of the receiver near the barrel and just below the broad arrow is a British crown. My serial is S-165642 and according to Frank Innamico's list (2000) it was shipped in July 1941. Your number appears to have been shipped around early September 1941. The mark on the top of the finned barrel at the the receiver on my Thompson looks something like the letter "b" but I think it is a crown. Next to it is a British broad arrow mark. On the right side of the barrel is a straight line, which is the witness mark for aligning the barrel and just below it is the letter "P". On the left side of the barrel is the letter "s" (square) which indicates Stevens Arms Company of Chicopee Falls, Massachusetts made the barrel. The flaming bomb is the early ordnance acceptance stamp and is also on my gun. Don't know if this helps.

Mine, like Hawknest, is a lend lease and so was yours. These are the most valuable Thompons in existance. They are valued at well into the tens of millions. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Alright, just a few hundred thousand.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif