Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

I love when seller descriptions try to make a bad thing sound good.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2701 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:31 AM

Sorry I meant, does Ruben himself shoot the guns in his inventory? I thought Deerslyers head to head was very nice.

ppgcowboy,

Just to be clear, Dan mentions in the video that the guns belong to Ruben Mendiola.  Dan can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Dan does function tests on Ruben's firearms for him and troubleshoots the guns.  There is also a video of Dan shooting the 8" barrel gun that was the topic of this thread.

#22 ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Guns, aviation, didgeridoo, banjo, metal detecting.

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

Understood. I was just curious as to how active he is himself in hands on functionality of his inventory, or does he go stricktly go by a range report from gunsmiths. A few who are board members and I personally would consider to be very reputable.

#23 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

i bought a M1A......AOC....from Ruben about six years ago and I am very pleased with the transaction. After several telephone conversations he discounted the gun to 15K (he wanted $17250) and it is very good. Excellent packaging and great pictures.I would not hesitate to buy from him again .  

#24 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

i bought a M1A......AOC....from Ruben about six years ago and I am very pleased with the transaction. After several telephone conversations he discounted the gun to 15K (he wanted $17250) and it is very good. Excellent packaging and great pictures.I would not hesitate to buy from him again .  

I didnt realize Ruben discounted anything off his listed prices. Good to know

#25 Normal1959

Normal1959

• Board Benefactor
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Guns, collecting and playing poker.

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

I didnt realize Ruben discounted anything off his listed prices. Good to know

He doesn't. Unless you call $500 on a $55,000 gun (and I bought a few) a discount. Mine are more recent than 6 years ago.

I am a good haggler and couldn't get anything more that $500

Eric

#26 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2658 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

I got a bit off. But I suspect only cause he had 8 of the same gun for sale.

In the past Ive tried to make offers, but was told the gun is priced correctly. In one of those cases he had the gun for 1.5 years before it finally sold. Its how he does business.