M16A2 Magazines, etc.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rck12

rck12

• Regular Group
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Really hard to find, not to mention much first hand information about the weapon itself. 

The forums throughout the web are terribly lacking in any substantial information,other then a very few threads now and then\ on the M16A2. Take for instance the Military Surplus Collectors Forum...they even have an M16A2/AR15A2 board!!! where I went through 15+ pages and only saw  2 incidental threads on the M16A2...forget magazines!

Anyway, looking for help in finding "in stock" U.S. military surplus, or even new expensive GOV'T issue 30rd mags, Not interested in knockoffs.

Tks, RCK12...newbie to this forum  

PS/ My Form 4 Trust was just approved after several days over 365, from check cashed 9/21/18. My last form 4, back in 1980 took about 6-8 wks...my, how time flies by!!    

#2 Gaffshot

Gaffshot

• Regular Group
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

These are the newest edition Colt mags.  Sometimes they are in stock here at Aim.  They were in stock a couple weeks ago.

https://aimsurplus.c...-m16-magazines/

The Magpul pmags issued to the Marines so you could call them govt issue.

#3 rck12

rck12

• Regular Group
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Thank you! I left my email to be notified when in stock.

#4 Gaffshot

Gaffshot

• Regular Group
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:42 PM

I sent you a PM.  Just seeing if I can help.

#5 giantpune

giantpune

• Regular Group
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

PS/ My Form 4 Trust was just approved after several days over 365, from check cashed 9/21/18. My last form 4, back in 1980 took about 6-8 wks...my, how time flies by!!    

They're speeding them back up.  Several people posting approved form 4s recently in 2-6 months.

And with the eform back online for form 1, average is running 36 days.  I just got a form 1 back yesterday in 15 days (that includes weekends).  At least in theory, the Eform coming online for form 1 has taken a lot of the load off for people who are processing the paper form 4s.  That explains some of the recent speed up.  Supposedly the form 4 will be back on the eform website next year.  That'll be killer if we can get form 4 down to 15-36 days.

#6 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2521 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted Today, 07:03 PM

Anyway, looking for help in finding "in stock" U.S. military surplus, or even new expensive GOV'T issue 30rd mags, Not interested in knockoffs....

Try the ones linked. They're genuine USGI current production STANAG mags made by the only company currently supplying the US military. Each has the proper CAGE number and production date. Everything else is a knock off, so I don't use anything else. It doesn't hurt that they're really inexpensive. The selling company is great, with very fast shipping.

https://www.botach.c...ling-followers/

Edited by TSMGguy, Today, 07:15 PM.