9mm Grease Gun Parts

since theres so many nfa owners here...i figured i'd let you guys know that i have 2 9mm grease gun bolts with mag adapters for sale....i listed one bolt on subguns.com i'm asking $1,200 obo per bolt with adapter..use sten mags......get you a barrel nut and have a 9mm barrel made and your in buisness....i sold a complete kit several months ago for 2 grand within hours of listing it on subguns.com....the bolt and mag adapter is the main parts...you can email me at ibewolfer@aol.com ......these are very rare and very hard to find....a chance to get these don't come around much at all....i need the cash but might consider partial trades...Thanks

lol....well you could make a thompson in 30/06 but it wouldn't be worth much....but what would an original one be worth if it was made?? i'm not pulling any chains...i'll get every penny of a grand just out of the bolt with mag adapter...i've sold these before....go out looking for an original 9mm grease gunbolt and let me know how many you find or if you find one at all....or ask frank about them....hes the one that originally told me what the complete kit "bolt,mag adapter,barrel" would be worth in todays market $1,500-$2,500 ....well...he was right...i sold a complete kit for 2 grand within hours of listing it....the bolt and mag adapter is the main parts...anyone can get a nut and have a barrel made...and you'd have what? 1300-1500 in a complete 9mm grease gun kit? $1,200 obo sounds like a fair going price to me.....btw the bolt is quite a bit differant than a standard .45 bolt grease gun bolt....

yes...these are finger cocker style....these are original C-153425 9MM R.I.A bolts....its hard to find alot of info on these bolts/kits but most everyone knows they run a trial of 9mm grease guns...didn't make many and scrapped the idea is what i'm told...most info on grease guns just mentions that there was very few converted to 9mm on a trial basis....i'd like to know the full details and how many of these was produced myself....i've gotten alot of questions and informational emails about these..most are "are the guy that sold the complete kit a few months ago? where are you finding all this grease gun 9mm stuff?" inwhich i can't give any details to where to get my stuff but i have a supply guy for parts...i spend ALOT of money with this guy and he gives me good deals and always throws in alot of extras....very very rare items show up from time to time...these 9mm grease gun parts for one....thompson drums and mags....etc etc etc....pretty much an endless list or rare stuff that shows up.....maybe parts of it in this package and then out of the blue 6 months later the rest of it shows up....the L drum i sold not long ago...well...the original key to it showed up in a package the otherday......theres no telling whats coming in the 3 big packages of carbine,fal and sten parts i just bought from....its like x-mas....i would love to know more about the history of the 9mm grease gun stuff in detail....but i can't find it anywhere....any ideas anyone? Frank / Nick?? have any details for us on these 9mm gg kits?

well....i'd love to sit on them for a while but i really need to move one of them.....need the money....i might sit on the other one for a while and see what shows up.....i plan to pay off my new 50 cal rifle thats being built with it.......i need to sell this one to pay some bills and have some knob creek money...lol.....Thanks

Just thought I would put my .02 here on the 9mm M3 bolts.

This is in regard to an earlier post stating that you could convert a .45 M3 bolt to 9mm. The face of a 9mm bolt M3 bolt is set much further back than a .45 bolt and it would require a LOT of machining (the bolts are very hard). The M3/9mm bolt is a telescoping design. The front of the bolt is quite different than a .45 bolt.

The 9mm barrel extends further back through the muzzle nut to bring it closer to the magazine to allow for the shorter 9mm cartridge. This requires the bolt face to be set back into the bolt.

The very hardest part to find is the magazine adapter, there have been quite a few parties interested in reproducing the adapters, but most companies with the facilitities to perform the job will only make large quantites, (a lot more than there are tranferable M3s) making them cost prohibitive. The adapter is a simple 3 sided piece made of spring steel. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

The original design T-20 specifications included a provision to have the M3 easily converted to 9mm. The thought was supplying the Brits who used 9mm through Lend Lease. The British however preferred their Sten over the M3.

There were actually 25,000 M3 9mm conversions made. The OSS ordered them. They were using the 9mm/M3 to replace their 9mm UDM42 submachine guns. The kits are rare and quite expensive in the U.S. I have one for an M3A1 submachine gun, it is the only one that I had ever seen for the A1 model. before the ones offered here. The bolt is cocked by your finger, instead of a handle.

Most of the kits out there are for the M3 model.

Thanks for alittle more added knowledge of the 9mm grease gun bolts frank......you are correct about the bolt face and barrel and the bolt is very very hard.....do you know of any websites out there with any info on these? i have looked into reproducing them myself....the mag adapter was the main problem....looking to be such a simple piece of stamped out light guage metal...in fact....what i ran into was the cost of making a die for doing the job the correct way...alot more money than i was willing to spend on machine work and setup.....and with the demand for them not very high because of the small quanity of reg. grease guns out there....it just didn't add up for me to even fool with.....my machine shop was willing to make the bolts and barrel nuts for me that would be identical to opriginals..inwhich required them to make special cutters for a few cuts on the bolts and i had spoke to PK about making the barrels for me...the problem came with the mag adapter even as simple as it looked.....i'm gonna attempt to hold on to this one bolt and adapter i have left in hopes of the rest of the kit being found..and hopefully...more kits being found aswell.....but if know of anyone looking for these please send them my way......also if you are still intersted in any odd marked sten items let me know...i have several odd pieces coming in a few packages of parts i bought...your welcome to any photos or inspection you might be intersted in......Thanks

yup.....my machine shop told me he could make new mags alot easier than fooling with an adapter...but we all know the stupid laws behind that...a 10rd subgun mag would suck....being illegal to make new hi-cap mags..it kinda makes a pretty simple project almost impossible....oh yea....Philohio....i'd like to see some pics of your 9mm thompson mag....i have had thoughts on that myself and have a gunsmith friend that has played with conversions before....speaking of such...you ever hear of a 30 carbine thompson? i have a great story behind them if its true..i was told there was only 3 made.....any clues? anyone?