Philly Recevers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

I was borred and looking threw web sights that I had bookmarked and saw Philidelephia Ordince now has engraving for $50. Was wondering how good it was, they had one price for the 21,28 and not certian if they had different patterns for that type of engraving. I'm still waiting for Mr. Richardson and was wondering how good the Philly people were doing.

Thanks
BB

#2 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

I bought a Phil Ord receiver about a year and a half ago and had it engraved for an M1. The engraving was very light. I tried chalking it to make it readable but I guess I will have to try enamel. I should have complained but at the time it wasn't a big deal to me. Sam Alvarez had negraved an M1A1 dummy for me earlier and though he was more expenseive it was a far superior job. Doug R.'s are still the best but he will only engrave his own receiver's.

If you go with Phil Ord. get a guarantee or ask them for some pics. They were a dissappointment.

#3 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:40 AM

That's about what I figured I'd hear...

Thanks
BB