• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MRJ

MRJ

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

Over the years I've noted several BM59 parts marked "TA and/or "Pc". I believe these indicate useage on Ital -Alpina (truppe alpine) and/or Ital - Paracadutisti BM59 rifles. Specifically observed are:

Trigger and sear assembly marked "TA - Pc" (No visble difference from unmarked)

Folding stock assembly stamped in wood "BM59 T.A." over "PB"

Winter trigger lever marked "PB-BM59.TA.Pc" (Part has different offset and is 10mm shorter than unmarked lever)

Detachable tricompensator marked "PB-BM59 Pc"

Gas cylinder lock for detachable tricompensator marked "BM59Pc"

Direct grenade launcher sight marked "PB-BM59 TA.Pc" (Bottom of sight relieved for clearance)

I posted this on the old BM59 board and got no comments. Any other BM59 parts so marked?
Any info on useage?

MRJ

#2 mikebaker1129

mikebaker1129

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

MRJ
I have 1 alpine stock marked with the marking TA BM59 PB, other folders I have, have no markings at all .
I also have a trigger marked TA PC.
I have not come across any of the other parts .

This is a little off topic ,but still with the same thought .
Have you ever come across a PB rear site base stamped with a Italian DOD stamp ?
I have 1 so marked in a box in very small print a crown over the word FAT 63 or 69 53 or 59 bottom #'s are hard to make out . I had never seen this one before looks similar to the US DOD mark.
I have seen this mark on some Italian 7.62 garand stocks I have ,but not on any of the other parts .
Mike

Edited by mikebaker1129, 11 February 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#3 ARDog

ARDog

• Regular Group
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:32 AM

Well at least now I know to look for them.

Promise to report back.

ARDog

#4 mikebaker1129

mikebaker1129

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Mike ,
I found a tricomp marked PBbm59 on one side and a PC marking inside of a diamond marking on the other side ,then there is a letter "U" off to the right hand side. This is the 7" tricomp.Another 7' tricomp is marked PBBM59 with no makings on the other side other than a "Y".

I have also a few of the shorter winter triggers marked tongue.gifB-BM59 TA Pc . There was also a detachable tricomp base marked :BM59 Pc with a clip and bayonet lug with a tube marked SMONTAGGIO with a arrow pointing to the left ,but no Flashider/muzzle break. The other 3 stripped twist lock bases are ummarked.

There were a few interesting parts that I had never seen before on the lot ,including a couple of heavy duty spring guides .

#5 MRJ

MRJ

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

[quote name='mikebaker1129' date='Apr 5 2008, 11:14 AM' post='79403']
Mike ,
I have also a few of the shorter winter triggers marked tongue.gifB-BM59 TA Pc . There was also a detachable tricomp base marked :BM59 Pc with a clip and bayonet lug with a tube marked SMONTAGGIO with a arrow pointing to the left ,but no Flashider/muzzle break. The other 3 stripped twist lock bases are ummarked.

Mike B.
Sounds like some nice stuff. The tricomp base you're referring to with the clip and bayo lug - Is it about 3" long ? Does anyone know the meaning of "SMONTAGGIO" ?

MRJ

#6 mikebaker1129

mikebaker1129

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

That would be correct about 3 1/2" long .The others are just the base of this ,kinda like a gas lock with a twist lock about 1 1/2" long total length.
You think it would be possible to buy the last 4" of the tri comp Reese sells and fit it to this ?
How does the Break /flash hider attach to this ?
It was a nice pick up of Beretta parts . I received alot of stuff that I had never seen before like the spring guide and some interesting "Short" spindle valves with no threads on the end.