Kahr Stick Help

I doubt that I am the first with this post, I haven't had much luck searching for the answer though.

My Kahr Thompson's clip doesn't seem like it goes up high enough for it to feed properly. The drum works like a champ. Although I'm not real fond of the wrestling match to remove it. I do have a 3rd hand, it likes to wrestle as well.

Any tips on how to get that to engage properly?

Thanks

I guess the most likely reponse would be this:

Did your mag. come from Kahr? If so it is probably parkerized. The mag catch hole in a Kahr ( or modified GI ) is oblong in shape, but an unmodified GI mag will have a round catch hole. If it is the latter then the mag catch hole needs to be modified by raising catch hole 0.10". The mags that Kahr supplies ( and sells for $70) already have that modification. Another alternative is to buy a modified mag catch that has the catch key lowered 0.10" by re-contouring. I think they are about $60 at Tommygunner.com or you can buy a surplus catch and do the modification yourself.

If it is from Kahr then the mag. catch hole may not have been raised enough for the mag. catch to grab.

If you need some modified mags I have a few. PM me.

Edited by SAF

Parts and Accessories Market Board

WTS Eight Thompson 30 rd mags $90 shipped

Posted By: ctyatty in Carroll IA <johnREMOVE@1043.net> (65.103.162.186)

Date: 3/5/09 12:17

8 mags total, half are marked Seymour Products Co and the other half US 30 Cartidge Cal 45. Condition serviceable to good, all show wear and some minor pitting, some look like they have been converted (hole slighlty oblonged) for semi, if I was going to keep them I would send them off and have them dip parked.

See posts above, if you mag won't lock into place, likely a GI mag that has not been altered. If it is locking into place, but rounds aren't feeding very well, mag lips may be bent down. Special tools can be purchased to reform the lips, but you may get by with a standard pliers and a delicate touch. Basically raise the lips until they touch the reciever area or rounds start to feed correctly.

Does your thompson take clips ?

All Thompsons take stick clips/magazines the drum magazines are the exception.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh468/gutterratt-2009/clipmag.jpg

Bawahhahaha Cumon, you're going make fun of someone who calls a magazine a clip? I suppose you also belittle people whom call a revovler a pistol. You aren't related to Art are you? Tell me you didn't think for a moment that he had a Thompson that used clips.

Bwahahahaha Cumon, you're going make fun of someone who calls a magazine a clip? I suppose you also belittle people whom call a revolver a pistol. You aren't related to Art are you? Tell me you didn't think for a moment that he had a Thompson that used clips.

GEE I didn't look at it that way till now, Kinda reminds me of a few of my post when i first started on this board where you and the guys kinda rubbed my nose in it, Well I'm sorry to roland he can call a mag a clip any time he wants, The only one I see going Bwahahahaha is you, By the way roland you shouldn't call a Magazine a clip, You get into some circles of guys and make that mistake and its almost like you cursed god or something, When I did it my first time I got raked over the coles pretty good, But that helped me remember quicker, Be cool roland I'm fuckin out of here...

See posts above, if you mag won't lock into place, likely a GI mag that has not been altered. If it is locking into place, but rounds aren't feeding very well, mag lips may be bent down. Special tools can be purchased to reform the lips, but you may get by with a standard pliers and a delicate touch. Basically raise the lips until they touch the reciever area or rounds start to feed correctly.

So my mag locks into place, it is a kahr gun and mag.

I was under the impression that the mag needed to be bent down on the lower portion towards the curve of it.. but raising the lips.. the edge of the openings of it up to bring the rounds up makes sense to me now. I'll try that.

Thanks !

Bwahahahaha Cumon, you're going make fun of someone who calls a magazine a clip? I suppose you also belittle people whom call a revolver a pistol. You aren't related to Art are you? Tell me you didn't think for a moment that he had a Thompson that used clips.

GEE I didn't look at it that way till now, Kinda reminds me of a few of my post when i first started on this board where you and the guys kinda rubbed my nose in it, Well I'm sorry to roland he can call a mag a clip any time he wants, The only one I see going Bwahahahaha is you, By the way roland you shouldn't call a Magazine a clip, You get into some circles of guys and make that mistake and its almost like you cursed god or something, When I did it my first time I got raked over the coles pretty good, But that helped me remember quicker, Be cool roland I'm fuckin out of here...

PM sent....

The tool guy at the flea market or Harbor Freight probably has round nose pliers. Indespendable for forming round contours and making springs. Wouldn't trade mine for sex. Well if she was really hot. Pliers are cheap.

Edited by zebcoboy