Who Knows Where To Find?

mikebaker1129

Who knows where to find the front end parts for a Golden State ,National Ordnance, Santa Fe or whatever that used the simplified filler piece and spring guide ?

Someone was going to have some of these machined at one time.

I am looking real hard at building something on a Garand receiver either a M14 mag conversion or another BM59 type that uses the simplified version without the dove tail .

Any leads would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to check with a machine shop and see what they would cost to build .

They may cost more to make than they are worth !

Tim Shufflin will be making some for use on his M14 mag fed mini G conversions,but I do not know if he will be offering any forsale loose. I am pretty sure he will be using all for his conversions.

Check out his forum :battletested.com look under the miniG section he has pretty cool pics .

Hope this helps.

By the way the parts I picked up were for the BM59 mag conversion,I am still looking for the M14 spring guide,the block,I beleive is the same.

I have both the BM 59 Forward Magazine Guide and the parts to make a M1 Garand conversion to use M-14 mags and they are very different. As soon as I can I will have comparison pics and will email them to those interested. Hopefully I will have it assembled and firing by the end of the year. Im having the BM 59 short compensator moded to accept a 'different bayonet". Those mini G are really cool, thats what I think and from what I have seen real good workmanship. And the conversion to use mags would make it even cooler. So I say I WANT ONE, but my wallet says YOU CANT AFFORD IT NOW. Guess who won ?

Cheers

Walt

I want to check with a machine shop and see what they would cost to build .

They may cost more to make than they are worth !

Tim Shufflin will be making some for use on his M14 mag fed mini G conversions,but I do not know if he will be offering any forsale loose. I am pretty sure he will be using all for his conversions.

Check out his forum :battletested.com look under the miniG section he has pretty cool pics .

Hope this helps.

By the way the parts I picked up were for the BM59 mag conversion,I am still looking for the M14 spring guide,the block,I beleive is the same.